“Friendly, Convenient and Consistently Good”

Extra Perks Coffee Shop and Cafe
Ranked #66 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The locals probably won't appreciate me sharing this gem, but the employees seemed to have no trouble keeping up with the breakfast crowd all of the mornings we visited. Extra Perks is British-themed breakfast/lunch spot with plenty of American staples on the menu as well. We carried out breakfast several times during a DC visit. Very friendly and experienced restaurant staff!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Lots of variety of hot coffees and teas, excellent sandwiches, table service, and take out. Quick service in a British themed menu.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Cute, crowded little place with a big menu. As first timers we were a little baffled about all their offerings. You order at the counter and they give you a beeper to know when you can pick it up. The menu is posted but it seemed like when they thought of something new they just made a little sign and posted it wherever. What I ordered was good, but I would have gone for something else if I had seen that sign which was around the corner.

1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Food is good. Service good. Owner is a Brit/Scott so there is a lot British influence on the menu…especially breakfast. Food is good, not stellar. Would like to find a restaurant that serves REAL maple syrup instead of cornsyruppy blend.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I were able to go the first morning and enjoyed it a lot. We went back the second and final morning of our stay in Alexandria with 5 other friends and they were able to accommodate without an issue. The food was served quick and was good for breakfast. It was nice to eat a place that didnt feel like they needed to serve an oversized meal just so you felt like you were getting your monies worth.

The only thing I would change about this place is the amount of space they have between tables. It was not very comfortable walking past a table knowing you are going to be pushed up against a table where someone is eating just to walk by. That doesnt stop me from recommending this place though, I'd go back again.