“Great place for something different”
Review of Cheesetique

Cheesetique
Reserve with OpenTable
Cheesetique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Visited this place after walking past on a warm spring evening. We sat outside at a little table and asked the waitress to select 2 red wines and a cheese plate selection. We were pleased with her selection and she was happy to substitute one if the cheeses that I didn't like. The wine was a bit pricey but good. We will visit again, perhaps for dessert or the famous Mac and Cheese.

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Been here lots of times. Great wine and cheese selections. Their version of fondue is divine. Perfect on a cold winter day. Nice selections in the store as well.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Wow, Cheesetique is a lovely restaurant with the theme of cheese. They also have a deli that sells an astonishing number of cheeses and charcuterie. We ate there more than once, and feasted on adult grilled cheese sandwiches and potato salad.

The servers were delightful, and very knowledgeable about the different cheeses. We had lunch there, and look forward to returning for dinner in the new future.

1  Thank Luvmyredmiata
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Having eaten at Cheesetique at least a half dozen times, including at the Arlington location, I still prefer the Alexandria shop. It is a little smaller and less hectic (unless it's a farmer's market day) with a friendly neighborhood feel. The cheese and wine selections are fantastic---even better than La Fromagerie in Old Town Alexandria, which I also love. Cheesetique's menu is fairly big, with cheese being the primary ingredient.

It's hard to leave without sampling some of the cheeses in the cases, which are on the expensive side. Even so, I rarely go home without a few parcels to maintain the Cheesetique bliss. I even found Reblochon here, which is virtually impossible to find outside of Haute Savoie, France. Who can have great cheese without wine? At Cheesetique I have bought several bottles that I couldn't find anywhere else. Service on the whole has been fair to good. No reservations are accepted. Overall, I highly recommend Cheesetique.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I like this spot for meeting a friend for lunch. The cheese is great, the wine only good and the atmosphere great. I love the outdoor patio. I like the location in Del Ray which is great for strolling. I like the cheese counter for buying cheese to take home. Expensive for what you get here.