“Tastes Authentic”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stopped in for a quick Vietnamese lunch and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. The food tasted as good as the food my refugee students brought to class in the 1980s.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I LOVE the flavor of the broth they make for their Pho. I have been to a LOT of Vietnamese restaurants and have had a lot of Pho but this place makes the best broth in general. It's not the best Pho I've ever had but it's way up there since the broth is so complex. I had the Pho Ga (Chicken) and my fiance had the veggie. He was afraid it would be bland like most places as far as veggie pho goes in flavor but he was thrilled that it had a ton of flavor even before adding any sauces, lime, etc. I would give this place 5 stars except for the fact that their layout is not fit for as many tables as they have set up there. It is by far the single most uncomfortable/awkward place I have ever eaten based solely on how cramped it is inside the place and how close you are to every table around you.

I could barely lift my arms without bumping the man sitting beside me that's how close we were. The couple sitting next to us looked dually uneasy and were silent their whole meal because NOTHING you say will go unheard by everyone around you. I would def get food from here again but I won't eat in. The place is seemingly always crowded no matter when you go. I understand they want to utilize as much of that small space as possible and make the most money by having a ton of tables there but it doesn't work for me to be so close to everyone else. The service is fantastic, they are all very polite and tend to you at the drop of a hat. Side note: The summer rolls are really good too.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Seriously some of the best pho I've ever had! Cute, efficient Old Town location. Will be back to try the rest of the menu, but it will be hard to give up an opportunity to have more pho.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

A restaurant does not have to be expensive, large or elegant to deserve 5 stars when the quality of its food meets or exceeds expectations. Caphe Banh Mi is a small, clean and rather attractively decorated destination that one wouldn't choose for a special occasion, but the food sings and sparkles. This is possibly the best Vietnamese food we've ever had. Everything is prepared to order using fresh ingredients. In addition, it's so cheap. The only negative is the selection of typically bland Asian beers.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Two of us had lunch for what was my first and won’t be my last visit to this cosy, informal Vietnamese restaurant in the heart of Old Town. I had a vermicelli dish with chicken, which was excellent and in a generously portion. The wait person, who was friendly and knowledgable about selections, made me a “customized” variation on the flavored iced teas on the menu and it was wonderful. Atmosphere pleasant and prices more than reasonable.