“Fresh, fast and authentic”
Review of Caphe Banh Mi

Caphe Banh Mi
Ranked #9 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Lunch at Caphe Banh Mi was perfect for a day of walking around Old Town. Light, very fresh,and delivered quickly, we felt ready to walk some more without feeling like we were hauling around a load.The place is small, so anyone who talks al lot and with volume can dominate the room... but that's no judgement on the food or the fast friendly service.Wehad the vermicelli bowls... a combination of cold and hot, with perfectly spiced meat. Off King Street... also a plus.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stopped in for a quick Vietnamese lunch and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality. The food tasted as good as the food my refugee students brought to class in the 1980s.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I LOVE the flavor of the broth they make for their Pho. I have been to a LOT of Vietnamese restaurants and have had a lot of Pho but this place makes the best broth in general. It's not the best Pho I've ever had but it's way up there since the broth is so complex. I had the Pho Ga (Chicken) and my fiance had the veggie. He was afraid it would be bland like most places as far as veggie pho goes in flavor but he was thrilled that it had a ton of flavor even before adding any sauces, lime, etc. I would give this place 5 stars except for the fact that their layout is not fit for as many tables as they have set up there. It is by far the single most uncomfortable/awkward place I have ever eaten based solely on how cramped it is inside the place and how close you are to every table around you.

I could barely lift my arms without bumping the man sitting beside me that's how close we were. The couple sitting next to us looked dually uneasy and were silent their whole meal because NOTHING you say will go unheard by everyone around you. I would def get food from here again but I won't eat in. The place is seemingly always crowded no matter when you go. I understand they want to utilize as much of that small space as possible and make the most money by having a ton of tables there but it doesn't work for me to be so close to everyone else. The service is fantastic, they are all very polite and tend to you at the drop of a hat. Side note: The summer rolls are really good too.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Seriously some of the best pho I've ever had! Cute, efficient Old Town location. Will be back to try the rest of the menu, but it will be hard to give up an opportunity to have more pho.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

A restaurant does not have to be expensive, large or elegant to deserve 5 stars when the quality of its food meets or exceeds expectations. Caphe Banh Mi is a small, clean and rather attractively decorated destination that one wouldn't choose for a special occasion, but the food sings and sparkles. This is possibly the best Vietnamese food we've ever had. Everything is prepared to order using fresh ingredients. In addition, it's so cheap. The only negative is the selection of typically bland Asian beers.