“Fresh food!”

Del Ray Pizzeria
Ranked #111 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Traveling from Texas, this place was a welcome stop! The food is so fresh, the service very attentive. Definitely a spot to consider when visiting th D.C. Area!

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Great steak salad, way yummy bleu cheeseburger and great service, oh and parking in back...nuf said!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

DRP is tucked into Del Ray VA, a short jump from Old Town, one of the high lights is Del Ray Pizza, the selections are excellent, the wait staff and bar tenders are polite and helpful. WE will definitely visit this place again

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Had a couple of pizzas here with a buddy for the first time last week.

The beer selection is good, with quite a few appealing options ranging from high quality standards like Stone IPA to more adventurous local brews. This is key to a good American pizza place imo, so they almost get the 4 stars just for that.

The service was also excellent with attentive staff present at all times but not annoyingly so.

If anything, the pizza selection (all I paid attention to, but there are a host of alternative italian/pub type foods) makes it really hard to choose the right combo. You can obviously pick out your own toppings like most places, but the 20-25 deep list of specialty pizzas is very enticing. I ended up getting the Spartan, which was sort of a Genovese/pesto concept and was really really happy with it. My buddy got the buffalo chicken pizza and it was also top tier. All in all, I felt the pizza was on par with some of the better pizzas in the area and I'd 100% go back.

Lastly, it's worth noting that the atmosphere is very family friendly and low-key. You see just about every variety of person/dress/age you can imagine, so it's very welcoming in that regard. I'd take my 2 yr old there just as easily as I'd sit at the bar with a friend having hh beers.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Ordered take-out as our first visit to DRP. When I arrived to pick-up our order, there was a slight mistake with part. The bartender and manager addressed the issue immediately. Not only did they correct the mistake, they took that portion of our order off the bill and even gave us the wrong order to take, to boot. The thin crust pizza was very tasty. This paired with the responsible approach to service made this a very positive encounter. We will definitely return to DRP.