“Standard Pho Restaurant”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 2 August 2013

If you are looking for simple food that is not overly salted or greasy, then this is the place. It is a typical pho restaurant with a limited choice, but the food is good quality. For vegetarians, they have a tofu pho with two types of tofu in it. I would have liked a few more vegetables, but it was a welcome break from all the other restaurant food on this trip. The food came to the table quickly and the service was good.

1  Thank scorpionfly

Reviewed 14 June 2013

My husband and I have agreed that Viet House have the BEST PHO! We have tried several places but this is the best that we've had. Their friend and summer spring rolls are also commendable.

The price is reasonable and i repeat, THE BEST PHO!

Reviewed 23 February 2013

My kids, 8 and 14, love this place. We found it a couple of years ago and have been coming back on a regular basis, about once a month or so, ever since. The summer rolls are good, and the spring rolls sometimes are greasy, but are good.
We are always seated quickly, order quickly, and are served quickly. The waiters don't always return to check on refills, but they're quick if you catch their eye. The place is usually about 1/3 full, and especially during a lunch on a weekend. Lots of diverse folks, families, couples, groups.
The Pho is good, filling and warming. It's one of our favorite places, and they have carryout too!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Solid Pho that is developing a strong following. All of the classic ingredients fast and cheap. As good as anything I have had in South East Asia. The Summer Rolls are a nice addition to the basics. This is my go-to spot for a restorative meal. I had soe surgery recently and I had my wife take me here on the way home from the hospital.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

They serve good Pho and are pleasant when serving you. They are usually 40-60% full when I go, which I see as a good thing. I plan on returning many times in the future to satisfy my Pho fix.