“A restaurant "must" for us”
Review of Kim Chi House

Kim Chi House
Ranked #382 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Every time we travel to Alexandria, we always eat at the Kim Chi House on our first night there. My wife is Korean and I lived in Korea for 4 years. The food is simply authenic and fantastic. For Americans that do not eat hot and spicy, there are numerous items that will please you. I had the LA Kalbi (beef ribs) the last time I was there. I guarantee you will love this marinated, grilled beef rib dish. There are just so many other delicious dishes to try that are just too numberous to mention. The owner and staff are super friendly and are always willing to explain menu items.

Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

Authentic and delicious. Owners provide excellent service - stylish mom and pop atmosphere. Not the best location on route 1 so it doesn't get as many customers as it should. Somewhat pricey, but always delivers with taste. Large group/family size tables inside - best is dine in experience.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

For the past three years I have driven past this place and had never eaten here. The outside appearance of the restaurant, as well as the location, have always been reasons for me deciding to not eat here. Also, the parking lot never seems to have more than a couple of vehicles anytime that I drive by, and that was also an indicator to me that I should probably avoid it. But, one Sunday afternoon I finally decided to give it a try, and I was quite pleased.

The dining room only had one other couple in it when I arrived. The interior was quite pleasant with a clean and orderly appearance. I was politely greeted by both ladies working that afternoon. I ordered the fried dumplings (or Yaki Mandu) for my starter and the beef bulgogi and a coke. The yaki mandu came in just a few minutes and tasted very nice. The bulgogi and side dishes followed less than ten minutes later. At the end of the meal my server brought me a thick and juicy slice of fresh orange, which proved to be a very nice finish to a great meal.

The meal was very tasty and the quiet atmosphere was also very enjoyable for me. My meal cost $21.15 before the tip. Not the least expensive meal, but for me it was well worth it. I look forward to returning for another delicious Korean meal in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Not a fancy place and its not large but if you like home made Korean food you will like it. The service was good, and the portions are large. If you are not sure what the items on the menu are then ask the server or, like I did, take a friend who spent time in Korea. Either way, you will get something you like at a reasonable price. The decor is rather plain but it is clean.

1  Thank sebjab