“Resolved clogged toilet”

Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
New York City, New York
“Resolved clogged toilet”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stay at this hotel due to a business trip in the area. On my second night I had to call the front desk about a clogged toilet issue. The agent, Olivier, handled the situation very professionally. They weren't to resolve the clogged toilet and switched my room promptly.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill558
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear Bill558,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites Team we would like to thank you for such a great review. We are happy we were able to assist in an issue you had while you were with us. We will make sure to thank Olivier for the excellent service he provided to you.

Kyle L English

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is my first stay at Candlewood and will not be my last. I have been at this hotel for 3 weeks until March 4th.because of weather damages. The staff here are fabulous.They are ready to help you anytime of the day or night. Very friendly and pleasant. The rooms and grounds are very clean. I must give a big shout out Thank You to Olivier. With 11 inches of snow I still had to walk my little dog. I was totally surprise when Olivier stopped shoveling snow and greeted us with a Good Morning and offered to walk my dog.
Later during the morning I needed to make a trip to the pharmacy. My car was covered and buried in snow. Who butt came to my aid.OLIVIER. Thank you Olivier.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 7Daisyduke
Dear Daisyduke7,

Thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will show Olivier your great review and thank him for the above and beyond service he was able to provide to you. We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was unpleasantly surprised with the hotel accommodations arranged for my sudden trip to Fort Belvoir by my company. I was fortunate to find Candlewood Suites. Everything about the place is five star. It is where I'll be staying whenever I have to travel to this part of the country. It is an outstanding value and the service is second to none. Mr. Leon was very helpful in making sure I had everything I needed to setup my computer lab, Marcus was very sympathetic to my tale of woe regarding the original hotel accommodations arranged by my company. He graciously showed me all of the niceties of his establishment and made it easy to get a room that exceeded my expectations. Manager Kyle ensured me that they would be more than happy to host me for future travels to the area. That sealed it for me. This will be my home away from home.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you might want to avoid room 110 because it's next to the fitness ce...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank xilas1
Dear xilas1,

We are happy to hear all your kind words about the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. I will show Mr. Leon your review and thank him on the great service he was able to provide you. A threshold we strive for our entire guest. We hope you will choose us in the near future whenever your travel brings to you to our area.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was our second visit and we are pleased we came back. Last year we reported useful location for Fort Vernon, helpful staff and great value. The room has excellent resources (in English I would say facilities !) and we borrowed an excellent DVD from the good selection at front desk. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank david537
David 357,

Thank you for writing your great review on Trip Advisor. It is always pleasing to hear that we provided great service to you the second time. We thank you for your loyalty to the Candlewood Suites Brand and hope we can continue to host you for any lodging needs.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is my second time staying at the Candlewood . I am very impressed with how clean and well kept this hotel is. This is my 1st choice when i am on extended business trips.The rooms are very spacious and comfy and have every accommodation you could hope for.The full kitchen and extended workspace area allow me to work and relax at the same time.. the variety of seating options is great, there is an ergonomic office chair, dining chair as well as a lazyboy recliner. The staff are great as well, Danielle and Kyle are both very friendly and helpful.My stay was very pleasant and i am sure I will return soon.I highly recommend staying at the Candlewood, its like a home away from home..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank James l
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear James L,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Kyle English
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

First I must say that the staff, Marcus B, Marcus, Audrey and the manager Kyle were very accommodating to my family. We had a long term stay due to relocation and were very nervous about living in the hotel for an extended period, but our fears were quickly alleviated. The hotel was clean and neat at all times. The staff mentioned above were always friendly and kind. We will stay at this hotel anytime that we are in the area. Thank you from the Oliver family.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant so it could not be terrible- I could not delete the button. The room on the s...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Family4005
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Family4005,

Thank you for all your kind words of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We are glad you stay was enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further needs. Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I came here to visit with my girlfriend and we couldn't belive how outstanding this hotel was. I mean from the friendly staff upon check-in to the cleanliness of the room, i would never stay anywhere else. The staff made it thier concern to take care of any small requests i had, especially the one employee named, Kyle, he went above and beyond his everyday job stature to make me feel comfortable. Now i know that i have a home away from when i travel.

Room Tip: Any room you pick will satisfy you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jay S
Dear Jay S,

Thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. It was good to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will visit us again soon in the near future.