Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir
Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The personal at candlewood,exandria are some of the greatest nicest people I have met in a while. They take good care of you,The hotel is very clean also. I recommend it. Mr. Leon is the nicest guy there, very generous.He brought all my suitcase

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank rigosaa
Kyle E, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alexandria - Fort Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We are excited to know that we provided great service to you. We hope that you will choose us the next time your travels bring you to the Alexandria, VA area.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Experience another excellent stay at this hotel. Each time I am in Alexandria, VA I make my reservations here because of the spacious accommodations and service.
At this stay as always, the manager Kyle and his staff went out of their way to ensure my comfort. Marcus the night clerk, called my room to ensure I was not bothered by any noise that may have disturbed me while children were playing near by. this hotel is very family friendly and provides a business atmosphere as well. I highly recommend this hotel.

3  Thank Bob H

General Manager Dear Bob H,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed for 9 nights in February 2014. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly. The maintenance guy offered to help me on two occasions when I was juggling my belongings--I'm a 35-year-old Soldier--I declined both times but it was of him to extend the offer. It snowed a couple of times, very badly, and the parking lot did ice over, but I cannot blame anyone for that. Once the sun came up they began working on clearing it but I had to leave just as they began, so it was a bit harrowing to move and load all my stuff in the ice.
Overall, a clean hotel, a comfortable room, and a good bunch of people that work there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lee E

Dear Lee E,

Thank you for you wonderful review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations while you with us. We hope to see you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any lodging needs.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stay at this hotel due to a business trip in the area. On my second night I had to call the front desk about a clogged toilet issue. The agent, Olivier, handled the situation very professionally. They weren't to resolve the clogged toilet and switched my room promptly.

1  Thank Bill558

Dear Bill558,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites Team we would like to thank you for such a great review. We are happy we were able to assist in an issue you had while you were with us. We will make sure to thank Olivier for the excellent service he provided to you.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is my first stay at Candlewood and will not be my last. I have been at this hotel for 3 weeks until March 4th.because of weather damages. The staff here are fabulous.They are ready to help you anytime of the day or night. Very friendly and pleasant. The rooms and grounds are very clean. I must give a big shout out Thank You to Olivier. With 11 inches of snow I still had to walk my little dog. I was totally surprise when Olivier stopped shoveling snow and greeted us with a Good Morning and offered to walk my dog.
Later during the morning I needed to make a trip to the pharmacy. My car was covered and buried in snow. Who butt came to my aid.OLIVIER. Thank you Olivier.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 7Daisyduke

Dear Daisyduke7,

Thank you for your review of the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will show Olivier your great review and thank him for the above and beyond service he was able to provide to you. We hope to see you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was unpleasantly surprised with the hotel accommodations arranged for my sudden trip to Fort Belvoir by my company. I was fortunate to find Candlewood Suites. Everything about the place is five star. It is where I'll be staying whenever I have to travel to this part of the country. It is an outstanding value and the service is second to none. Mr. Leon was very helpful in making sure I had everything I needed to setup my computer lab, Marcus was very sympathetic to my tale of woe regarding the original hotel accommodations arranged by my company. He graciously showed me all of the niceties of his establishment and made it easy to get a room that exceeded my expectations. Manager Kyle ensured me that they would be more than happy to host me for future travels to the area. That sealed it for me. This will be my home away from home.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you might want to avoid room 110 because it's next to the fitness ce...
1  Thank xilas1

Dear xilas1,

We are happy to hear all your kind words about the Candlewood Suites Fort Belvoir. I will show Mr. Leon your review and thank him on the great service he was able to provide you. A threshold we strive for our entire guest. We hope you will choose us in the near future whenever your travel brings to you to our area.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This was our second visit and we are pleased we came back. Last year we reported useful location for Fort Vernon, helpful staff and great value. The room has excellent resources (in English I would say facilities !) and we borrowed an excellent DVD from the good selection at front desk. We will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank david537

David 357,

Thank you for writing your great review on Trip Advisor. It is always pleasing to hear that we provided great service to you the second time. We thank you for your loyalty to the Candlewood Suites Brand and hope we can continue to host you for any lodging needs.