“Yum! And accommodating!”

Pho Viet Flare
Ranked #341 of 768 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Worked with our food allergies - put things on the side. We ordered several different dishes to share and try. They were all good. My only complaint was the portion size of some of them was smaller than we would have liked. Pho was above average. Gui Cuon was good but missing something. Vermicelli was good but a little small.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

Been here based on the positive reviews I read, but quite disappointed. To my opinion, what really makes a pho stand out is the broth. And the one that is offered here is not as tasteful as I had elsewhere. The summer rolls were OK (although there was a small bone splint in it) but the pho I convinced me to go elsewhere next time.

Decor is not really inspiring, as is with most of the pho shops. Staff friendly.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This little strip shopping center is a cornucopia of ethnic restaurants serving great food at reasonable prices. Pho Viet Flare is one of them. The pho is extraordinary. In fact we find their broth to be even better than the often-praised Pho 75. Bowls of hot, fragrant soup comes to the table quickly. One of the things we love about this place is that it is open early for those of us who like pho for breakfast. Crispy and summer spring rolls are very good. The main entrees are limited to just a few choices and involve pork, but they, too, are very good. Sometimes I get Hubby to go down for a Go Order and enjoy slurping soup dressed in the jammies at home after an impossible day counting beans for clients. Great Comfort Food. The servers are very nice, the owner/managers are always very happy to see us return.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I found this restaurant through yelp and decided to go because they accept credit cards. I liked the atmosphere - clean, brightly lit, the waiter was so friendly and answered my questions regarding one of the appetizers thoroughly. He even told me that the dish is a delicacy that people either love or hate, so I would be forewarned if I didn't like it. Well, I got it and it was pretty tasty! I liked that he didn't try to sell it to me and rather, gave his true opinions about it.

I got a small bowl of tai, chin pho (number 8) and it was more than enough. The broth was hot and clean, not too oily, and the noodles were perfectly stringy in the beginning. They were pretty generous with the meat they gave me too! My boyfriend got a large bowl with well done steak and meatballs (number 12). He was more than happy with his pho and barely finished it since there was so much food.

I'm curious to see what their buns are like because I like eating them too. I only saw other patrons getting pho, so I'm not sure how popular non-pho dishes are, but I'll definitely be back since it's closer to my place than eden center.