“Great Breakfast with old friends”
Review of Mamma's Kitchen

Mamma's Kitchen
Ranked #82 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Humble, Texas
“Great Breakfast with old friends”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Service was outstanding and our waitress was very accomadation. We had a party of 12 and we all had a great time as the food was high quality and served to order with no mistakes. Large portions and served in a pleasing way. The Restaurant its self is decorated modern tuscan and very clean and welcoming. Love the outdoor patio especially if it was a summer afternoon or evening. I highly recommend the omelets or french toast. Big porttions and great taste.

• Visited October 2013

“Very underwhelming.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

With high reviews, I went into our lunch with expectations above a chain restaurant. They were not met. I went for lunch with a friend, the calamari was overly breaded and the marinara sauce it was served with had a thick layer of oil on top of it so that anything dipped in just came out greasy with no sauce. I found the "boom boom sauce" mentioned to taste like ketchup, mayo, and a random heat. Nothing special, not even good. My friend had a chicken salad with a generous portion of flavorful chicken. It was too bad that the rest if the salad was so meh. Iceberg lettuce unripe tomatoes and not much else. I had the Traditional gyro which was drowning in grease. I couldn't even pick it up without a stream of grease running out. The bread was completely saturated with it. Their tzatziki was unusual to me with lots of cucumber and possibly some sort of cheese. I didn't like it much, but that just might be me. I was expecting something cooler and creamier. It wasn't awful, but didn't compliment the sandwich well. The server tried hard but often forgot things. I think with a slow lunch crowd you get young inexperienced servers and that was her issue. She was very nice. This was probably her first job or something. I doubt we'll give this place another shot.

• Visited August 2013
Viti Levu, Fiji
“A Nice Surprise!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I'm pretty sure we would have never noticed this little place if we had not seen reviews about it beforehand. Nice atmosphere and decor - we didn't expect this as it was tucked away in a small shopping center. A fabulous aroma of garlic hit us as we walked in the door - we knew the food would be tasty, and it was! Our table ordered a Gyro, a plate of lasagne, and two kids meals. The portions were massive and the food and service were very good. We will be returning!

• Visited August 2013
Baltimore, MD
“Hidden Gem in a Sea of Chain Restaurants”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Mamma's brings her own skilled hand to seasonings with Greek and Italian dishes attentive and skilled service. The trio of dips with hot pita is a meal in itself. The gyros area tasty, and a gyro platter brings both gyro and dip or salad. The lobster pasta was quite good

• Visited July 2013
Washington DC
“WOW! Real Greek Food”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Went for lunch and had an assortment of appetizers. The service was fantastic, the plating was beautiful and the food was out of this world!

• Visited February 2013