“OMG!!”

Ranked #29 of 830 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: La Fromagerie's Bistro is the perfect place to enjoy a cheese and meat plate with a glass of wine in a relaxed, intimate atmosphere. Owner and Chef Sebastien Tavel bases his elegant, light fare menu around fresh seasonal food available from local farmers, particularly the heirloom and forageable produce that help support the biodiversity of our area.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Chef definetly knows what he is doing when it comes not only on presentation but the food!! The mini beets were so tasteful, the sauce it had was refreshing!!! The BLT, OMG! even the salad that came with the BLT was yummy. I could have taken a picture of the delicious food, but we ate it before I remembered to. Definitely returning!! Service was great too. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great wines, happy hour great price, get the meat and cheese.
they also do some events - always a home run.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

My wife and I ventured in here thinking it was simply a wine and cheese bar. Unfortunately, we had dinner reservations for another place in Old Town; however, I was pleased to see they had a full menu, including one of my favorite French dishes, a Cassoulet, which is a rich, slow-cooked casserole originating in the south of France, containing meat, pork skin and white beans. The dish is named after its traditional cooking vessel, the cassole, a deep, round, earthenware pot with slanting sides. I will return to try this dish and review it for all of you. However, I suggest giving it a try. We opted for a cheese plate and two glasses of wine, a Lola Chardonnay and a JP Brun Beaujolais Blanc. Service was great in the quaint little slice of France.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

While visiting Old Town on a Saturday evening, we stopped in to La Fromagerie Cheese & Wine Bistro for small plates along with wine. They have a really nice menu of delicious small plates as well as a really nice menu of cheeses and charcuterie. Their menu does a really nice job explaining everything and is very descriptive.

Their wine list is quite nice and not too pricey. Service was great and the ambience was perfect.

We really enjoyed it and will be back!

1  Thank J E
Reviewed 12 May 2018

I come here when I get down to Old Town. They always have a great selection of cheeses and charcuterie and a good wine list. You pick out a selection of cheese, pate, or sausage and they serve them on a board with a bit of dried fruit, preserves, and bread. They have other items on the menu but I'm such a cheese lover I haven't paid much attention to them.

Gluten free crackers are available. If you're celiac make sure to tell them and they'll set up the board away from breadcrumbs.