“Great food overall”

Cuisines: Japanese
Hong Kong, China
“Great food overall”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

They have a great variety of sushi and other Japanese items. Very aesthetically pleasing - the sushi boats were impressive. This is one of the better restaurants in the neighborhood - I will definitely return.

• Visited November 2013

Falls Church, Virginia
“Extremely high quality, great service...”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

My wife and I recently moved in to the Fairlington neighborhood and always had our favorite sushi joints in different parts of NOVA. We decided to give Kyoto a try...and loved it. We ordered some rolls and several pieces of nigiri. The salmon and the tuna nigiri literally melted in my mouth. Unbelievably fresh and flavorful. Our favorite roll is the Dancing Eel. It's one of the more expensive rolls at $19, but has 10 pieces and is well worth it! During our first visit, our waitress offered us miso soup and a salmon appetizer that the chef prepared - all on the house because the chef felt bad that we were waiting too long. Our second visit there - the same thing happened! Needless to say, high quality sushi paired with great service means we have a new favorite sushi spot!

• Visited June 2013
“I cannot have gluten due to celiac and they have me sushi rolls with crunch even after I called and spoke to my server.”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

HORRIBLE!!! I have celiac disease and called ahead of time to make sure they could accommodate for a gluten free diet. I was told that they could. I was told what menu items they had and that they even had tamari sauce.

When I placed my order I wrote on my sushi order form that I was allergic to gluten. No tempura. No crunch. No soy sauce. I had my server go over what rolls would be safe to eat. Again, I was told everything would be taken care of.

When my food came out to the table I took a bite and it had crunch inside. I mmediately went to the restroom and made myself throw up!!! When I returned from the restroom the server told me she would take that roll off the bill. I told her I wasn't paying for anything and walked out. I will be sick for the rest of the night and few days. The life if a celiac.

Also, other guests in our party didn't get all the food ordered and our service was very slow.

I do not recommend this restaurant.