“Nice variety”

Cuisines: Mexican
Alexandria, Virginia
“Nice variety”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Lots of interesting and different items on the menu here, which provides some variety to other Mexican places in Del Ray, in addition to the traditional options. I had the mahi-mahi fajitas, which were quite tasty. Very friendly staff, and they accommodated our 3 year old well. I hope this place succeeds in a spot that has gone through many changes in the last few years! (Also nice that they added an interior bathroom with the latest renovation so no need to leave the restaurant.)

Visited November 2013

virginia
“Great family TexMex at reasonable prices.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was our first visit to Dos Amigos, a relatively new TexMex restaurant a block from the Braddock metro station in West Old Town Alexandria, run by the Arias family. This is a welcoming neighborhood gem with a great your chef and reasonable pricing. The clientele includes adults enjoying their margaritas and kids drawing with crayons in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Mrs. Arias makes guacamole and salsa daily, and these are served accompanied by chips made from the best thin tortillas from Texas, prepared crispy and fresh, served warm. We especially enjoyed the ground beef and chicken enchilladas. The Carne Asada is not just your typical fajitas beef, but a very tender NY strip steak prepared to taste. For desert we shared a tres leches cake (see photos). If your staying in an Old Town hotel, this is a nice walk and meal closeby.

• Visited October 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Better than "Average" but not quite "Very Good" Mexican Place”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Trip Advisor needs a category between "average" and "very good"!! This independent restaurant is better than "average" but not quite at "very good".

This is a new, independent restaurant located on Braddock Road, near the Braddock Road Metro -- at the corner of Braddock Road and West Street. This is a location that has seen a lot of turnover, and I wish the restaurant well!

I have eaten here two times. The first time was at lunch when there was hardly anyone there and the food was very good and the service was good. It is an attractive restaurant.

The second time was in the evening, and the place was quite crowded. The one waitress and the cook were being worked to their capacity and could simply not keep up with the orders. We saw part of our order sitting on the pickup counter for quite some time before the other orders were ready. The food suffered from having sat out and we did not bother to tell the waitress that she had gotten the type of beans wrong as we did not wish to wait any longer.

The drinks have always been very good here and you definitely can taste the alcohol, which I appreciate if I am going to order a drink.

So, I will be back but perhaps not as soon as I had hoped. This place is very convenient and I so very much miss Los Amigos from Mount Vernon Avenue that I had hoped this place would be a good substitute. Alas, the taste is not the same.

I hope they can get their service and cooking coordinated for a full house and wish them well!

• Visited January 2013