“Good Brewery”

Port City Brewing Company
Ranked #15 of 92 things to do in Alexandria
More attraction details
Owner description: We brew award-winning craft beer. We are open for tastings, pints, growler fills, six-packs and kegs seven days a week. We have tours Thursdays through Sundays. Every Friday night there's live music and food trucks on Fridays and Saturdays. Look out for special events like Firkin Fridays, a Suspicious Package on tap, Lagers & Joggers with Pacers, Beer Yoga, Pedals 'N' Pints, Trivia and more... History: Established in 2011. We opened the brewery with the conviction that the DC market needed more local choices for great quality craft beer!
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I met Bill (the owner) at a Port City beer tasting last year at J. Gilberts in Reston, and enjoyed some of his brews. He was also very down to earth and extremely informed regarding his beer process and vision for Port City.

A friend got me a gift card last Christmas and I never made it up there, so last weekend I finally had an opportunity and made the trek from Prince William. We did a flight for $9, which got us 7 small beers (<4 oz or so). We also ended up buying a growler of my favorite beer they make, the Revival Oyster Stout. I asked why they don't bottle it but the bartender said it was super expensive to make since they buy fresh local oysters, but its one of Bill's favorites as well. They'd probably have to selll 6 packs for $15+ which would be tough with all the other choices for beer consumers.

The brewery is small, and I wish I had taken a tour, which they do hourly on weekends. But we stood around a table, watched the 1 TV which had the NFL playoff game, and enjoyed some good suds. No food options, although a grilled cheese food truck rolled up around dinner time.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Go, enjoy the beer, and have a great time! You'll try several types of terrific beer, many of which have won awards at the Great American Beer Festival.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This place has become a local rage. Our waiter at Rustico said the staff is going their for Christmas eve!! The tour is $8 or $9 which gives you 6 beer sample tickets, plus they give you one sample free (plus when we lost a few tickets they gave us a few more free). Samples are a good size too. Then there is a free sample while on the actual tour. You can use your tickets before and/or after the tour. Many of the beers were quite good. The guides and bartenders are fun, interesting, engaging. As a local, I may go back to have a full beer in the tasting/bar room, but will bring my own cheese plate or something...there's no food available for purchase. I heard there were food trucks outside, but not on the Saturday I visited. Bring or buy your Growler here for a fill up.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Port City has become one of our favorite breweries. They have fantastic American and India PAle Ales.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Consistently great beer and very close to my home. I wish it were near eateries or that it even had places to sit inside, besides the few bar stools, but the people are very congenial and the beer is very good!