“Good for families, average chain restaurant.”
Review of Don Pablo's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Don Pablo's
Cuisines: Mexican
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Good for families, average chain restaurant.”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We have eaten here a couple of times, and the food was good. It is good, yet average, chain restaurant food. Server was very good and attentive. We have never seen it crowded, so I doubt reservations would ever be necessary.

• Visited November 2013

Herndon, Virginia
“So-so. Wouldn't bother go to back.”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My fiance and I went there this past week for dinner. We were able to walk right in without a wait, which was great. I'm from Texas, so I'm always looking for good Tex-Mex, and this is close to where I live.

The service wasn't that great. When we were seated, it took almost ten minutes for our waitress to come by our table and take our drink orders. She came back about five-to-ten minutes later with our drinks to take our orders. It must have taken 40 minutes to get our food, which wasn't special. We both ordered enchiladas, which should pretty much be ready to go at a Tex-Mex restaurant. Our waitress didn't even bother to ask us which side we wanted with our combos; she just automatically gave us refried beans, which was the one thing neither of us wanted... so that wound up going to waste. We had to ask for utensils when they brought us our food, which got us a look of disgust from the person bringing the food. I think the entire time we were there, our drinks were refilled once. When we were done with dinner, and ordered dessert, it probably took another 20-25 minutes to receive our dessert. At that point we were just ready to go. It was 9:00 p.m. by that point.

As to the quality of the food, it was just OK. I made enchiladas myself for the first time ever last week and they were better than Don Pablo's. I would probably just drive the 30 minutes to On the Border next time.

Don Pablo's just needs to work on their service. I would be more willing to put up with the average food if it was served punctually with a smile.

• Visited July 2013
Aiea, Hawaii
“Good chips and salsa”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We ate a Saturday lunch at Don Pablo's. It wasn't very busy so service was attentive and fairly prompt. The chips were warm and the salsa was pretty good. My complaint was that there wasn't enough salsa. I had to request two refills!

My husband had the fish tacos with Mexican rice and black beans. He said they were really good and have one left over as it was too much for lunch. I ordered a taco and enchilada trio. The taco was made with beef and was crispy. The beef enchilada was decent but I probably wouldn't order it again. I didn't eat the cheese enchilada as again, there was too much food for lunch.

Anyone should be able to find something here and we'll be coming again. It was pricy for lunch though and I wish they had a lunch menu on the weekend.

• Visited April 2013
McLean, Virginia
“Don Pablo's -- good fare for families”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My friend and I ventured into Don Pablo's last week to catch a quick bite before a movie. He enjoyed fish tacos and I the trio tacos w/beans and rice. Both were enjoyable and mine (the soft kind) was so plentiful that I had to ask for a doggie bag for that last taco. Place was hopping for a weekday, we both noticed. Disappointed that our server didn't check back for a refill on my drink, tho.

• Visited March 2013