“Great for Visitors.”

145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Great for Visitors.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

[My disclaimer: my wife and I are long-time DC residents.]. So, I don't think that I have ever been on dinner/lunch cruise that I actually thought was a value. The Dandy really doesn't change my opinion too much. Everything about the Dandy is perfectly acceptable. The food is good by buffet standards and it is plentiful. The wine list, they could do better, especially on the sparkling/champagne selection, e.g., the list goes from $35 (for a $14 bottle of Kobel) to $98 (for a $40 bottle of Moet WhiteStar). There has to be something in the middle.

For the dinner cruises, the recommended dress is cocktail. Good luck with that. For the lunch/ brunch, the recommended dress is dressy casual. Lots of interpretation with that. Avoid the athletic shoes and you'll likely be in the middle of the pack.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Wineaux FromAlexandria

Mclean, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Don't judge a boat by it's cover...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Took my girlfriend out for our 6-month on this cruise, and we were quite excited! We drove out to Alexandria and easily found the parking lot suggested by the company's website, however that lot was full due to a wedding nearby. Fortunately, I knew of another lot around the corner (the only other parking lot I know of in that city). SUGGESTION: add other parking lots to the website.
After that mini-adventure, we walked towards the dock, looking out at the Potomac, and saw a ship that looked like it had seen far better days...old, dingy, and dirty on the outside. My girlfriend gripped my arm in horror, but I reassured her saying that I was certain it would be nicer on the inside (or so I hoped!). Fortunately, it was!
The ship was classy and elegant on the inside, and we were able to get great seats by the window. The food was better than I expected (we each got the poached salmon), with 4 courses (fruit; salad; entree; dessert).
In terms of entertainment, the music in the dining area left much to be desired. However, since the weather was so wonderful, we opted to try to go to the upper deck in the open air. This area was romantically lit and soft tunes by Nat King Cole, Rod Stewart, Elvis, and Frank Sinatra filled the open air (albeit, played on a CD).
Overall this was a great experience and I recommend it to anyone to try once!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Sum M
Washington DC, District of Columbia
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Scenery to die for; decent quality food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Let's face it: a river boat isn't the ideal place for cooking memorable meals. That said, a lunch cruise provided us a very decent (even healthy) meal with gorgeous scenery. A most pleasant way to see the monuments from Alexandria to Georgetown. Not inexpensive, but we left satisfied...

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kim T
Brisbane, Australia
209 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 307 helpful votes
“good evening out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Boarded the boat as a group for the dinner cruise, the food came out before we had cast off the dock, the food is quite good and the service is very good.
The cruise down the river was very peaceful and relaxing, we went up on deck where there was music playing and found a school group dancing, we all joined in and had a wonderful night.

Visited June 2013