“Excellent bang for your buck.”

Joe Theismann's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe Theismann's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 771 Restaurants in Alexandria
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Cross street: King Street
Transit: Joe Theismann's Restaurant is well served by public transportation. The King Street Metro train is located across the street on the blue and the yellow lines, only two stops from Reagan Airport. Also across the street are the Amtrak and VRE trains, Alexandria Dash Bus and REX bus stops as well as the free city Tolley.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This long established dining/sports bar consistently pleases. There's something on the menu for everybody. An eclectic choice in all areas, from appetizers , bar fare, lunch, and dinner offerings makes for good reason to revisit. I personally find lunch outside on even the warmest of summer days is quit relaxing. The fries are the best in Olde Towne ! The very meaty "Ruben " is awesome with the fries. Excellent service and a very well priced wine list help make it worth a visit.

1  Thank sucefredto
Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a property that has been around for years and it's the flagship of a former local chain. Stellar service and great tasting and consistent food can always be counted on here. This is not five star dining, but simply a great place with a varied menu. If you are staying in Old Town, or live nearby, this is a dependable location. I would not drive a great distance to visit, but would certainly recommend to someone visiting.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We got take out twice while staying at the next door Embassy Suites. I went once to get chicken tenders for our son as we were dining at a "parent place". Waiting at the bar, the manager saw me, took the order, kept an eye on my 15 year old til it was ready, then sent him back. Very attentive, friendly service. We ordered dinner the next day for a son who was flying in - skewers of fish, shrimp, scallops with a chipolte glaze. They subbed broccoli for rice as he likes low-carb. This came with a sald. For $20 or so, it was a tasty, healthy meal. We did not dine in but were very please with both meals we brought in to the hotel. The staff was professional, and service was quick and efficient.

1  Thank LetsMaketheMostofIt
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We went here for my birthday dinner and the food was wonderful, from the Bison Burger to the Lobster Risotto...it was all delicious. Unfortunately, our server took it upon herself to make substitutions / add charges to our bill, was hard to find for another drink and made it almost nearly impossible to get the check! After I found we were charged extra for substitutions she made without asking me I was unhappy but she knew we would just pay and leave or risk wasting another 20 minutes trying to find her! I won't be going back to Joe Theismann's. There are too many restaurants in the area to put up with terrible service.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Decided to try it as the ratings were solid and location for us convienent. Everything was very good, not exceptional but satisfying. We sat on the patio and enjoyed informative service regarding the menu.
Located right across from the Metro station, easy to get to and open street parking as well.
Worth a stop if in area.