“A little bit of Greece”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Really nice ambiance and wonderful wait staff. Food was enjoyable but flavors were a bit too subtle for my taste.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Walking along King St., not wanting a heavy or large evening meal, we opted for Greek and were not disappointed. The food was fresh, tasty, ample servings and good service. Only surprise was besides bread and oil served before the meal arrives, your meal is just the entrée. If you want a salad or soup, that is an extra.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just moved to Alexandria and we are exploring all of the restaurants in the area and Taverna was an outstanding experience. We wanted a table in the charming courtyard and Denise quickly carried two chairs over her head and set us up at a lovely table. The service was great and the food really was outstanding. The grilled octopus was the best I have ever eaten and my Branzino was cooked to perfection. My husband had a sampler plate and loved all of the more traditional Greek dishes. We now have a new neighborhood favorite.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

The best meal for miles :) great service and should not be missed.

Every course was delightful and I highly recommend you try this place.

Great atmosphere and great wine too

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Came to help my son move in and he told us about this Greek restaurant he had seen while driving around. He said the people inside were dancing around and it look like it would be a good place to eat. Well, he was right my whole family had leg of lamb prepared two different ways and it was delicious. The waiters were great, service was excellent, the bread and dipping sauce served with dinner was yummy. If you are wanting authentic Greek food and in the area pull over go inside and enjoy. Don't forget to try to Baklava amazing...