“Good Food / Good Service / Fair Price”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #501 of 752 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Springfield, Virginia
“Good Food / Good Service / Fair Price”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Macaroni Grill is a chain. Been there done that. This particular location has the same food as the other locations. Not much stands out of this location over another in the same chain. That said, the service was excellent. The food good - what we expected - and the family atmosphere was not overbearing with a number of small children in the room. The price in this restaurant is fair for the amount of food provided. We visit this location regularly and will continue to go back.

Visited August 2014

Arlington, Virginia
“surprising good food for a chain restaurant”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

the only chain restaurant we eat at because the food is really good I do not like olive
garden and was afraid it would be like that but I was surprised at the selection I had their branzini
and their salads ar very good as the pasta dishes they give yu bread and a dipping sauce too
prices are not too pricey

• Visited April 2014
“Not happy.”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Although the atomosphere was nice I was disappointed with my food. I loved the ravioli but my main course which was chicken marsala was not hot and barely warm. I did not wish to complain because I did not want to wait to have the meal prepared again. At this point I doubt if Macaroni Grill will see me as a guest again.

• Visited February 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“There's a lot that can be better”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Went there and it was not real busy, but it took so long for the food to arrive. The server was polite, but when it was time to find him, it was hard to locate him. When the food finally did arrive, it was not anything to write home about, and there's another Italian restaurant not too far from this place that is better

Visited September 2013
Centreville, Virginia
“Acceptable but not great dining”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

For a Saturday evening the wait time was reasonable, but the service was haphazard. There is an extensive allergy sensitive menu that outlines gluten free and other options. We had to request that special menu three times before the waiter remembered to bring it to our table. One member of our party ordered the pick your own pasta and the order was not correct when delivered. The gluten free penne was badly over cooked but the sauce and caramelized onions made it palatable.

• Visited January 2014