“What a dump maybe it was our color”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #538 of 759 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
new york
“What a dump maybe it was our color”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stopped her for dinner on the way back from west palm. We wanted a sure bet and figured with an Applebees how could we go wrong. Boy did we go wrong. Although seated right away and the drink order taken it was 30 minutes until my wife actually received her drink and this was only after 2 inquiries from me. We both ordered sirloins and mac cheese for the little man. I up graded the cut and ordered med. rare. Another 25 minutes passes and the food gets there. (weve been here for over an hour and a half at this point) I got the tail cut of a sirloin and wifes piece (at the lower price) was bigger. That wasnt the real problem as littlemans mac cheese was congealed and looking like it had sat out on a stove over night. We are quiet people. Until you attempt to poison my kid! I blew my stack. Store Asst. Manager comes out flashing his jail house tats. WERE FROM NY. So back up holmes! I told him what the problem was and he asked if he could replace the meal. Why? So you can kill us for sure now? he said hed take the meal off the price, i said we were leaving and he said that hed have to charge us for the drink. I honestly got the vibe it was because we were white. Don't go to this place! The area is seedy and the townitself very dangerous looking when the sun goes down. KEEP IT MOVING.

• Visited February 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again.”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

When we first walked in the place looked empty, we thought that it was perhaps because it was early on a Friday and most people are at work, well no that was not the case. Our waiter was very slow and carried a frown the whole time. When we first got our drinks my mother's cup had a black thing floating in her drink, we asked for another, and it took him about 15 min to get it for us. The food was incomplete and they took over an hour to get us our food. I will never visit this place again.

Mesa, Arizona
“Good”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

good place to have a quick lunch. I ordered the Oriental Chicken Salad and unfortuneatly, it was way too spicy for me. I had them exchange it for a soup, which was more to my tasting.

• Visited October 2013
Pennsylvania
“Food ok but I had better”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Food was ok but I had better with other AppleBees. Somewhat close to the hotel and you get the sights of the newly renovated Virginia that they are doing in the midst of traveling here. There is a Target and Walmart in the area as well just in case you forget a few things

Visited May 2013
Collierville, Tennessee
“Decent food and service”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We were there on a Saturday night and they were quick to accommodate 5 people. The food was good and the service was very good from the hostess greeting to paying for the meal. Overall a good experience.

• Visited April 2013