“Jambalaya Sauté”
Review of RT's Restaurant

RT's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
RT's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Glebe Rd
Transit: Bus at corner of Russell and Mount Vernon Avenue
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Having read the TripAdviser reviews and needing to catch a flight at Reagan National, I drove to the restaurant and parked directly in front. (Good sign, no?).

There were only a few patrons, so seating was a snap. From the title, you know what I ordered. It came with a salad. I chose the house dressing and it was yummy. The jambalaya was wonderful and with just the right amount of spiciness. This is a great place. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Townsend_Flash

Reviewed 23 March 2014

If you are missing your favorite New Orleans dish - RTs is the place for you. Everything is about as NOLA as it can get to include the New Orleans restaurant like atmosphere. Been before but it had been a few years. Service is professional and management top notch. Went before a Birchmere event and it was an easy walk between the two. It will not be years between my next visit.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Recently, my wife and I met friends here for lunch. I had a crab dish and my wife and had a shrimp creole entree. Mine was okay but not great. Too much of the cake and not enough crab in the taste. The side of potato salad was good. My wife could not even eat half of the creole dish. I tasted it and thought it was just okay, though the shrimp had good consistency, The waiter was quite good and responsive! I will wait awhile and then try them again. I have had good meals here before!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

RT's is a great New Orleans style restaurant serving Cajun and Creole dishes. Great drinks including the dirty martini with a splash of bloody mary mix to spice it up. Oysters are excellent, great jambalaya, even better was the crab imperial. Deserts look great but I never have room! Only criticism is the bread should be served warm. Whenever I am going to see a show at the Birchmere, I always go early so I can enjoy this consistently excellent restaurant! RT's is the next best thing to going to New Orleans for dinner.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Love this place for either a business lunch or a dinner with the wife. Great creole food, though they tend to call it Cajun. The soups are superior as is the fish.

house salad dressing is the way to go.

either she crab or gator soup.

fish and fries is my preference but the steaks are nice as well

key lime pie is the best desert...