“Fresh food, great staff”
Review of Dishes of India

Dishes of India
Ranked #67 of 766 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We came by for dinner without a reservation and that wasn't a good idea. However, when we saw the crowd we knew we had to check this place out. We did some sightseeing and called back an hour later and they had a table reserved for us.
We ordered chicken tikka masala, chicken korma, lentil soup, some vegetarian item, and naan. The naan was awesome, so fresh, so delicious. The two chicken dishes were tasty as well and weren't too spicy. The vegetable dish was so-so.

If you haven't tried this one yet it's worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Dishes of India

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My family and I have been getting our Indian food fix from Dishes of India for YEARS. This place does it right. When they say "fine," they mean it. The chef's use of delicate spices and flavorful sauces is spot on-- you can really taste the complexity of each dish. Bland is not on the plate, here.

Excellent option for vegetarians, as there are loads of meatless options on the menu.

Also love the consistency. Have never experienced a problem with carryout, and the dine-in service is always outstanding.

Price is right for the amount and quality served. My husband and I each order an entree and bread and we always have enough for two full dinners.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great food, friendly, efficient service. You feel at home. I recommend the Lamb Korm, Rogan Josh, Lamb Chop Tandoori, and the Murg Makhani (butter Chicken).

1  Thank ProfJFDavis
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I love this place. I order to go often but have also dined in, and the service was great. Their murgh madras and their lamb biryani are my favorites....and the tandoori chicken is moist and flavorful. Don't skip the appetizer sampler!

1  Thank meganjenkins
Reviewed 2 October 2013

There aren't many good restaurants in this area, where you are sure your meal and service will be top notch. Dishes of India has never let us down. The food is wonderful, consistently, the service is attentive and pleasant, the bar and wine list never disappoints. What I love the most? The starched, elegantly folded pink napkins always make me smile. This is a restaurant that tries hard and it shows.