“Best Indian food I've had in a long time. ”
Review of Dishes of India

Dishes of India
Ranked #76 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We Are A Local Gem, According To Our Patrons. We Are Family Owned And Operating Restaurant. Now Over 20 Years At The Same Location. We Have Veg, Non Veg, Vegan, Gluten Free Options. Party Trays For All Occasions. Weekly Dinner Specials And Everyday Lunch Buffet.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Very good. Great service. Very sweet with my kids, they even enjoyed authentic Indian dishes too. Butter chicken was great!

gopal_b610, Owner at Dishes of India, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback. We really appreciate it and will try our best to live up to your expectations.

Thanks
Ramanand Bhatt
owner/chef

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I have lived in the Fort Hunt area all of my life and have frequented the Belle View Shopping Center numerous times. How surprised was I when I learned that this little Indian treasure was hidden in the basement of a Subway. I had actually seen this place a number of times before, but never thought much of it. When a friend recommended it, I thought that it would be average, at best. So I was very surprised when I walked down the stairs, and was greeted by a woman in a full sari, and waiters in tuxedos. Not only was the service well dressed, but they were also kind and attentive. It is no surprise that the place was packed at just 5:00 pm on a Saturday. After sitting down, we were given menus that showed a wide array of genuine Indian dishes from around the country. We ordered and shared a number. The only negative that I saw was the price, which was about fifteen dollars for a reasonably priced entree. It was, however, well worth the kind service, good atmosphere, and tasty food. It is also both much better and much cheaper than any Indian restaurants in Alexandria or D.C. If you are in Fort Hunt and looking for a good meal, than Dishes of India is the place to go.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is not Bombay Club of DC. Level is on a different level both food and price wise. However if you want a quick Indian lunch buffet style, come here and for the value, you probably find it acceptable. Am too lazy to go across Potomac. Lots of parking in this strip mall and if you have not experienced Indian food, this may be a good first step. This place reminds me of Indian food of 50 years ago in Bombay. Tokyo or NYC had better Indian food then. Come to think of it, London had great Indian food. In the 90s, food greatly improved in both Bombay and Delhi

1  Thank Yori O
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We are spoiled with some great Indian restaurants in NYC area. But Dishes of India is not bad at all. We ordered carry out. The order was ready in 20 minutes. The curries were good. Not too greasy. It comes with rice and pickle. Roti was okay. It could have been better. I will recommend this if u want to go for Indian food in the area.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I should have written this review years ago, but we have gone to this restaurant and known its owners and staff for so long that it feels a bit like "reviewing" a family member. In all this time, we have never eaten a dish that was not delicious; one of us eats meat and the other, the vegetarian choices, so we have sampled quite an array. And, though we haven't traveled in India, our Indian friends also are complimentary about the food here. The noon buffet is a bargain, often busy, and may offer dishes that aren't on the regular menu.