“Good, typical IHOP”

Cuisines: Diner
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Good, typical IHOP”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Not sure what insight to give on an IHOP. We have eaten here several times and always found the staff to be very friendly, food is prepared quickly and is good, and our kids enjoy it. It's an above average IHOP, probably 3 1/2 stars.

Stoughton, Massachusetts
“For a chain restaurant you can not go wrong”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Extremely busy restaurant but attentive staff could not have been better. Food was their expected good quality. Quantity was plentiful and the meal was presented perfectly. Great breakfast that kept me full for the entire day.

• Visited April 2014
Culpeper, Virginia
“Typical IHOP”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I went around 4am, and my food was equally as good as it was the following day for lunch. We were traveling and yes, I did order the same thing both times. Our wait time on a Sunday afternoon was about 10 minutes longer than they told us, and somehow my sister had gotten involved in wrangling each party as if she in fact worked there as a hostess. We watched as plate after plate was pushed into the window and then died from being there so long. (culinary metaphor) It was typical food you would eat at any other IHOP. I wondered if the "scrapple" on the menu was real or some kind of alternative. Our waitress was okay and made an effort to connect and create conversation at the right times. Kudos to NARDI!

• Visited March 2014
K-W
“Stereotyping”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a decent meal for the four of us with a respectable waiter who brought our food in a reasonable amount of time. That in itself should be worth four stars for a normal review, but...

Here's why I gave it one star. My wife is deaf and does not speak at all, and when we arrived, she motioned to the gentleman at the front that there were four of us that would be seating. He took us to the very back, to a section that had about 12 tables that were partially closed off by a half-wall separating from the main dining area of about 25-30 tables. We were the only ones placed in this back section with about 6 of the tables being used to store syrup racks/rolled up utensils in napkins, while only about half of the tables in the main dining area were used. This raised eyebrows for us, but decided to wait and see.

After a while, other people arriving were all placed in the main dining area which just confirmed our suspicions that the host placed us in the back solely because my wife and I were deaf - I always see it as a major personal affront when certain groups (i.e. disabled, black, Asian, etc.) are singled out for special treatment when it's not asked for, or are segregated from the rest for whatever reason. I'm aware of the stereotype associated with various groups, including, yes, the deaf community, but restaurants should be above painting with a wide brush without giving the person a chance.

Fortunately, the waiter did his job well and did not allow the stereotyping bias of the host to influence his job, and I tipped him well for his service. However, any restaurant that clearly shows a bias or stereotypes a group is going to get ONE star from me every single time. That this should happen in a place a stone's throw from the city where the largest post-secondary institution for the deaf in the world is located and a place where countless thousands of people have stood up for the rights of others (including the 50th anniversary of MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech just being held a day earlier!) is rather appalling. It was not a pleasant feeling sitting there watching table after table being filled in the main dining area after we had arrived and was placed at the very back of the restaurant on our own. A shame.

Visited August 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Fun late night date spot”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My fiancé and I are super casual and just love IHOP because its just consistently good, regardless of what you get. This place is the best IHOP around. Very clean and in a good location.

Visited March 2013