“Walt Okon - Back again at the House of Dynasty”
Review of House of Dynasty

House of Dynasty
Ranked #14 of 822 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 10 January 2014

9 jan 2014 - it is our 15 wedding anniversary and we chose to go to the House of Dynasty, www.houseofdynasty.com/ It is upscale at a reasonable price. It is quiet and romantic. Service makes us feel special. we can talk quietly in a table for two on a balcony with a back ground of mirrors. A really nice place for a really nice dinner. When we have a special event or special friends, we take them to - The House of Dynasty and we love it today. It is located at hayfield Road and Telegraph Rd, Alexandria, VA in a quiet neighborhood. No Traffic. I love to call for reservations because I get the table i want and seated with in a minute of the stated time. I took my sons and wives there and bet they we would get seated on time. They could not believe it. The head waiter had us in the chairs on the minute. I won and the House of Dynasty wins every time. Walt Okon-Springfield, Virginia

1  Thank WaltOkon

Reviewed 9 January 2014

What they serve is not authentic gourmet chinese cuisine. There are lots of restaurants in Northern VA that do so it's perplexing why this place is rated so highly as a "Chinese" restaurant. Many of the dishes are Szechuan style but crudely prepared and altered to suit the local palate. I would compare it to a dining room version of Panda Express. It'll do, if you just want to fill your belly.

3  Thank atsy_travels
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My family selected this place because it was top of the TripAdvisor ratings for Alexandria restaurants. I don't know how it got to the top, given the variety of Alexandria.

Its a nice place and the staff are great, service good. But the food is what we thought of "chinese" food in the '70s, those of us who are old enough to remember. They still have the volcano cocktails with umbrellas, pupu platters with flaming volcanos. My children had never seen them, but it's hard to connect them to China. This is not gourmet chinese - just good well priced family food. We ate a lot!

I probably wouldn't go back there, given it was not close to our home. I'll bet it has good takeout!

2  Thank Allan B
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We love House of Dynasty. Our favorite place for Chinese take-out in the Kingstowne area. Delicious.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Good food, great service. Shrimp with broccoli is the best - large shrimp, broccoli never overcooked. Brown rice available, always a plus in my book.