“Fabulous place for foodies”

Vermilion Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vermilion Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 757 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fayette St.
Transit: King St. Metro Station Using the King Street Trolley, get off at the Fayette St. Stop coming in either direction.
Description: Vermilion features Chef William Morris' menu of Contemporary American cuisine. Complimenting Chef Morris' menu is Vermilion's wine list, named one of the top wine lists in the country by Restaurant Hospitality Magazine. Combining a charming location in Old town Alexandria with stylized design and atmosphere, Vermilion represents a bit of downtown sophistication: from the exposed brick in the upstairs dining room to the overstuffed pillows in the lounge downstairs, Vermilion holds something for all tastes.
Washington DC
“Fabulous place for foodies”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We chose the tasting menu with wine pairings and were overjoyed with our choice. The meal was quite spectacular. It is easy to see why the Washingtonian magazine lists Vermilion as one the top 100 very best restaurants in the DC metropolitan area. I am local to the area and it is easily in my personal top 5. My favorite was the Monkfish. Outstanding service, atmosphere and ambiance to top it off.

ALEXANDRIA, VA
“Best lunch in OT”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Vermillion serves the tastiest and cheapest weekday lunch in OT. Really tasty soup and salad and 1/2 Oyster Po'boy sandwich. Its the best $13 you'll ever spend.

Visited April 2014
Washington, DC
“Good business lunch”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This was a planning meeting with one of my new reports. It was quiet and we were seating by the window. We both had the mixed green salad which was good but a bit over salted. I had the mussels and they were very good, no grit, flavorful broth with delicious chorizo. My associate had the salmon and while I did not ask how it was, he ate every bit of it. We were not rushed despite lingering after finishing our meals. It was a great place close to the metro and parking on street was not difficult as I had feared.

• Visited March 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best meal of our trip”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

First, get there early enough for happy hour drinks. The malbec they had for $5 a glass for happy hour was wonderful. We shared the artichoke dip with bacon, which was good. I had the duck which was also very good. But what was absolutely spectacular was the nutella cheesecake. Mmmm, I so want some more of that!

Visited February 2014
McKinney, Texas
“Lovely Brunch”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

After a Sunday morning walk in the gorgeous city of Alexandria, me and my wife popped in to this charming place. We were lucky and could get two of the four places that were not alreade booked for brunch. The coffee was excellent and the food was both good and came in hearty portions. The bread was delicious as was the egs and sausage

• Visited March 2014