“Never got are food!”

Two Nineteen Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Two Nineteen Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #141 of 759 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Cross street: Fairfax Street
Transit: King St. Metro [
Description: Housed in a historic 19th century townhouse blocks from the waterfront, 219 has for 40 years been a beacon for the most authentic gourmet creole experience possible outside of greater New Orleans. Executive Chef Marcus Olson has taken things one step further and introduced a truly unique gourmet butcher experience--USDA Prime steaks dry-aged 21 days in house and cut to order to your exact specifications. Your meal is complemented by a 750+ bottle wine list and a massive whiskey selection. We offer private dining rooms in addition to our elegant main floor, and offer tasting menus custom-tailored to your preferences. After your meal, you can unwind in our spacious second story lounge and be entertained by world class blues music most nights of the week. Whether your taste runs towards alligator and etouffee, or to succulent aged steaks, we invite you to rediscover your favorite Old Town institution.
Long Beach, California
“Never got are food!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My Girl friend and I were in Alexandra, VA on vacation. Someone recommend this place to us, so we decided to check it out. Outdoor patio dining was inviting, so we decided to stay. Waiter was slow getting to us, but friendly. Ordered a bottle of wine; when he arrived he pushed the cork in to the bottle and didn't have another bottle, so we ordered a different wine. This was fine.
Finally got to order our meal, about 20 minutes later. Waited another 40 minutes, at which time the waiter said “2 more minutes"; another 20 minutes and still no food. We asked for our check for the wine and left. Two hours and all we had was wine.
Funny thing as we asked for our check, another couple did the same thing. They were seated when we arrived and didn't have their order either!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank tjones1951

Lexington, Kentucky
“Champagne and mud bugs -- YUM!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just had a great brunch at Two Nineteen. It's been a while since I was last here, and it was better than I remembered. Brunch includes a glass of champagne or a mimosa (or a salad), and the prices are good for Old Town. I had shrimp and crawfish etouffe, which was excellent, and my mother had the jambalaya. She's a light eater, but ate much more of it than I expected, which shows how good that was, too. Nice, light, cheese and chive biscuits come with all brunch entrees. We split a slice of pecan pie (I would have called it Derby Pie) for dessert, and that was very nice, too. Very good value for the money, and a nice, relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank bethebarnes
Rensselaer, New York
“Elegant and delectable”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We opted to dine inside as it was a bit brisk outside and were seated in an elegant dining area. The staff was very helpful and attentive, the menu was peppered with French and Creole creations. I had braised short ribs with creamy mashed sweet potatoes and some wine, which our server let me sample before ordering. My friends and I enjoyed our meals, the service and the ambience greatly. A lovely way to end a long day!

Visited April 2014
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Great place for conversation!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Met up with some friends while in town to catch up... This was the perfect place. The food was great! We each gave one another a bite of our entrees... I got a chance to taste the gumbo, which had a great, light flavor (due to spices, rather than roux development.) The jambalaya was delicious... Not too saucy with the right amount of kick (portion size is LARGE.) the cornmeal catfish was crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside, served with grit fries... WOW! They were out of this world! The chicken and waffles Service was attentive, but not overbearing... I would definitely go back.

Visited April 2014
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Thoroughly enjoyed the cigar bar!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Two NIneteen was a regular hangout for me and and my then boyfriend back in the early 80's. We spent many a Saturday night upstairs listening to a marvelous jazz trio that was named after the pianist (who had the unusual trait of humming along with himself as he played and whose name I cannot recall) and which included the amazing Keeter Betts on double bass. On a recent getaway, we returned to Two NIneteen, after dinner nearby and were not disappointed.

We were greeted by very knowledgeable barmen, as we climbed into the oh, so comfortable bar "stools" who helped us select an appropriate ciigar.. Then we were provided descriptions of the extensive bourbon/whiskey selection so that we were able to make an informed choice.

The owner(s) have done a terrific job with the "upgraded" air handling system, we weren't subjected to an encircling cloud of mixed smoke. That said, there was smoke in evidence, but it was not offensive. Anyone with serious sensitivity might spend a few minutes inside assessing the situation, before deciding to stay.

The music was quite good (most important, not too loud to have a conversation). An excellent place to while away a few hours over a cigar and a glass of very fine bourbon.

• Visited September 2013