“Chinese carryout with Chef Hueng”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chef Hueng Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #301 of 757 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Chinese
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Chinese carryout with Chef Hueng”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Easy carryout - They immediately answered the telephone; they spoke good English and the delivery was so prompt, we were amazed. The portion dinner entrees were quite substantial. A mixed seafood dish was nice with a decent amount and variety of seafood chunks. We also ordered a tasty but too salty crab and asparagus soup that I wouldn't order again. It was a little too thick with cornstarch or something. The orange chicken was super tasty, sweet, and peppery but there was too much breading on the chicken. This is pretty good for the price and the delivery feature especially on a rainy, snowy cold night - we did appreciate and enjoy it.

• Visited January 2014

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Asian Cusine in VA”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Like many others, when one feels a taste for Chinese food there is no replacement. So it has to be good. We found that the menu, food choices, tastes and recipes that make up and present the delicious meals at Chef Hueng are above and beyond all others in that area. When we are visiting in that VA city it is a "must do" stop for dinner!

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Find...Must Try It”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

We found this restaurant on YELP where it has received great reviews. The prices were excellent and the food outstanding. The best hot and sour soup I have ever had. Our family of 6 ate chicken fried rice, chicken low mein, chicken with black bean sauce and cleopatras chicken. We ended our meal with fresh oranges and fortune cookies. Then the waiter brought out fresh hot towels to each person to clean up after the meal. The service was outstanding, I wish this restaurant was in my hometown.

• Visited September 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Food is cold and not cooked properly”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Good luck, this place is terrible, under cooked food and cold. The waitress does not speak any english so you can not tell her what is bad.

Visited February 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Surprise!”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

The neigborhood is crowded and this small restuarant (Chef Huang's) sits next to the Safewayin a small strip mall yet it was a BIG surprise. Very unassuming from the exterior yet very clean, intimate and bright interior. The staff was pleasant and attentive ... and while I only had one meal, they knocked it out of the park. I enjoyed the egg roll so much I asked for another! The Kung Pao was perfect. And it was served promptly. Too bad I won't return to the area soon but I will stop agian when I am here again.

• Visited December 2011