“Very Good and Large Pizza”

Valentino's New York Style
Ranked #125 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Philadelphia
“Very Good and Large Pizza”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This pizza is really good. I'm not from the area - but got to eat take-out from here recently and was impressed at how good it was.

We got the large pizza - which was HUGE - 20"! We also got the garlic knots and a greek salad. I loved the greek salad with the hot peppers, red onion, olives, tomatoes and feta - that was a real treat. Garlic knots came with marinara - and they were ok. They just weren't as good as I thought they would be - with such good pizza and salad. My thoughts...the knots were too big. They could make them half the size and they would be better. Excellent place - if I ever find myself back there.......I'm going to try something other than the cheese pizza!

• Visited June 2014

Falls Church, Virginia
“Best Pizza in Metro DC”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I've lived here for about 43 years and have searched for good pizza for all that time. I've found a few places that served pizza that was barely decent but never have I found anything that I would call excellent, until I found Valentino's. The crust is good. It's fairly thin and crisp and the sauce is excellent. The blend of sauce and cheese is perfect. My wife had pasta and it was cooked al dente with an excellent sauce. I've been here about a half dozen times and have never been disappointed.

The decor includes a few homages to the NY Yankees, which, as a Red Sox fan, I found a bit off-putting, but I keep going back, anyway.

The atmosphere is ordinary. You can tell that it used to be a fast food restaurant. You order at a counter. Whole pizzas are made to order and are outstanding. If you order a slice or two, they put a half baked slice into the oven and finish it. It's almost as good, but not quite. The service is speedy.

• Visited May 2014
Annandale, Virginia
“Best NY pizza in nova”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

It's hard to find great NY pizza outside of NY. This is the real thing and would be great even if it had to compete in NYC

VA
“Fantastic Real NY Pizza”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I'm a picky pizza eater. So when I say this was great, believe me. The crust was perfect. Baked through, crisp, chewy, fresh, and no uncooked dough under the topping. They make the dough with Spring water not city water. If you know NY breads, you know it's the water that makes the difference. So does this place. The cheese was real mozzarella. The pepperoni was just right, lots of flavor. We had a large and so took most home. The thing was huge. We also had the antipasto with garlic knots. If you are hungry, remember they do the pizza to order, so waiting amid those delicious odors is maddening without an appetizer. Those garlic knots were sensational with tomato dipping sauce.

Finally, real NY pizza.

• Visited January 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“poor service for us locals.”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

pizza and service used to be much better, but has gone rreally down hill and tonight was the end of the slope. pizzas have lately been mediocre (burnt) but this time they sent the WRONG pizza after waiting an hour an a half (was told 40 minutes!) and then was told that it would take ANOTHER hour and a half to send a correct one...with NO discount for the THREE HOUR wait for a simple one topping pizza. i have been ordering from them since they opened, and the "owner" omar's comment was that he did not care if i no longer ordered from them and he didn't care if i posted a review online. if he doesn't care about his long term customers, then you should probably assume he won't care about you either.

• Visited November 2013