“Incredible Indian Food!”

Ranked #22 of 763 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This place is literally just up the street from me, and even though I've been to the Safeway adjacent to it a million times, I never noticed it until a friend brought me here. I'm so glad she found this gem; don't be fooled by the location in a shopping center ~ the food is amazing! I had an eggplant appetizer and eggplant main course, and haven't stopped talking about them since! The service was prompt and very courteous, and the restaurant is fairly large for this area. I cannot wait to go back!

There are newer reviews for Namaste

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Got take out from this new restaurant last week and we were shocked at how good it was. Got the tandoori chicken, samosas, and a curry chicken dish. I liked that the spices weren't so overwhelming , like some Indian food I have had. By far the best Indian food I have ever had. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This has got to be, by far, the best Indian restaurant I have ever eaten from. I say "from" because I have yet to go into the restaurant -- all of my experiences have been by delivery -- Indian delivery!! My dream come true. Not only is the best Indian delivery, but it is the best Indian food I have ever eaten. They have an extensive menu with something for everybody, and last night I tried the Butter Chicken (Chicken Makhani) for the first time. It is amazing -- my new favorite. All of the lamb, seafood and chicken dishes I have tried are, by far, the best I have ever had. I have eaten at a lot of Indian places in the DC area and Namaste blows them all away.

I will update this review if I ever decide to dine in, but I don't know if that will ever happen. Indian delivery -- who would have ever thought? I'm in Heaven

1  Thank MtVernonMan
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We weren't hungry, but we needed something light to eat and we decided to go to Namaste...other sources in the neighborhood and Yelp said a lot of great things about this place, and YES, it is a FIND.
Very courteous wait staff, and the food was excellent!
We are coming back, and we plan to get a bunch of people to come along with us!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Namaste open a couple of months ago in a space that used to be a run-of-the-mill Chinese restaurant. The food is great as well as interesting. Nepalese cooking uses somewhat different spices than Indian, but both are delicious. My wife and I have eaten there three times and not had a bad dish yet. I've not had the courage to try the Chili Chicken "cooked in a fiery sauce with green chili" but may on the next visit. Service is quite good though we have not been there on a crowded evening. There's usually a steady stream of carry-out pickups though I've not done a takeout myself. It's a welcome addition to the area; give it a try!