“Just stopped for wine”
Review of The Majestic

The Majestic
Reserve with OpenTable
The Majestic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Cross street: Btw. Alfred & Patrick
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I just happened to be walking by and decided to pop in for a glass of wine. They have a great selection and the bar staff is very helpful in selecting a wine.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I totally agree with the review by RMGTravel. The service left a lot to be desired, as Trevor was surly and had a superiority complex. His lack of attentiveness left a bad taste in our mouths, even though the food was enjoyable. The fried oysters and onion rings were delicious, as was my curry chicken salad sandwich. That being said, nothing was spectacular and certainly is not worthy of a return visit. I would much prefer one of the countless other restaurants in Old Town.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Majestic has average to good food, but the service is what needs flavoring. We enjoyed a few of the sandwiches and salad special. However, the service had more attitude than the Bloody Mary. A good server is accommodating, fun and welcoming - something we didn't find at all in our server. Make the food much less appetizing.

1  Thank RMGTravel
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our waiter, Trevor, was a little off today. Unfortunately, that rubbed off onto our meal. The fried oysters I had for a first course were excellent. The Tilapia sandwich special I had was uninspired. My wife ands all had salads which were also not inspired. The onion rings we had for an appetizer were light and wonderful. There are plenty of excellent restaurants in Old Town that will get my future business instead of Majestic.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Right in the middle of old town Alexandria this was a nice night out. It was my wife's birthday, I made reservations the night before, we were seated without a wait. The staff knew we were coming and took great care in preparing our meal. My wife has food allergies, the chef made sure everything was cooked to perfection. Our meal was fantastic. Coming from California on vacation we don't get a lot of opportunities to visit places like this at home. The night was enchanting and memorable.