“"Looking for a steak and found it!"”
Review of Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon - CLOSED

Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband & I were in the Alexandria/DC area for 3 days recently and after sightseeing and walking all over DC and Old Town Alexandria, we were hungry for a steak! We were driving by this area looking for the old road (Edsall Road) which we used to live on way back in 1968 and saw the sign for Lone Star and decided to come back for dinner.
We were seated promptly to a nice booth over close to the bar. Our waiter, John approached and was very polite and friendly. He took our drink orders of a vodka tonic ($5.00) and a Bud Light ($3.75).
Next, we ordered the 6 oz. Filet ($18.49), cooked medium well, garden salad with Ranch dressing, and sides of garlic mashed potatoes and my husband ordered the baked potato.
Our waiter brought over some warm bread just out of the oven....Mmmmm!
The steaks were cooked to our perfection and John made sure we cut it open to check once he brought them over to our table.
The restaurant was clean and quiet, no loud music blaring away while we ate.
The restrooms were clean and well-stocked.
All in all, this restaurant is located in a strip-mall setting but it didn't matter to us...we just wanted a good steak and found it at Lone Star that night....thanks!

1  Thank CarolinaNurse323

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Nice atmosphere, but the service can be horrible to say the least. This location is usually hit or miss. I've had servers who really seemed to hate their jobs. There's nothing worse then looking forward to a nice meal and then getting a server with attitude. The food is ok, but the service makes it all waste of time. I don't recommend this location and will not go back. There are plenty of other steak restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Good food at a reasonable price.... Service good. Restaurant was clean and well kept. I would go there again and would recommend to any traveler..

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Three of us ate here today for lunch. I've eaten at a Lone Star but it's been some time. The bread served to the table was pretty boring. We all ordered from the lunch menu and we all ordered the Chopped Steak. Was typical CS, nothing more or nothing less. Service was good and the cost acceptable.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Lone Star does a very good job of providing great steaks and other dishes that are reasonably priced and very tasty. It's a neat "steakhouse" atmosphere with super service. I highly recommend Lone Star.

2  Thank James D