“GREAT menu. GREAT food.”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #553 of 830 Restaurants in Alexandria
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great dinner tonight with tasty appetizers to start and delicious salmon and ribs. Our server was a lovely young woman who paid us great attention to ensure our food was perfect. A GREAT place for kids as we saw many families with small children. Highly recommend for great food choices, tasty drinks, and friendly servers.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

First they need to get people who actually will get an order RIGHT it isn’t that hard to hear an order use common sense if someone says BUFFALO WINGS TRADITIONAL where in the world do you think I mean boneless wings? Get it together this tgi’s TO GO SERVICE SUCKS! The girls at the front desk SUCK NEVER PAYING ATTENTION TO NOT ONE CUSTOMER AND ALWAYS GETTING CUSTOMERS ORDERS WRONG? ISNT THAT HARD TRY GETTING AN ORDER RIGHT FOR ONCE!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Came here on a Saturday evening, so of course it was packed, that's not a problem, that's to be expected. However the service was SO TERRIBLE!! The waitress we had, took forever to take our order, hardly ever checked on us and to add insult to injury, she literally disappeared for 45 minutes ( we were ready to go so we needed the check), when she finally came back she smelled like marijuana!! Are you kidding me, we had kids at the table! We brought the issue up with the manager and he act like it was nothing, but said "he'll address it" Yeah okay I doubt he did. It was the worst experience ever! If you are truly in the mood for Friday's find another one to visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Had a very disappointing visit tonight as we tried an alternative to our usual local destination, Chili's, for dinner and baseball.

Sitting in the nearly empty bar area, we could see most of the 8 screens showing various ESPN channels. We requested one of the channels be changed to the baseball game we were following and were assured this was going to be done. We waited...and waited...half an hour before our game was finally displayed on a screen we could see. Missed a home run by one of our favorite players!!

In the meantime, we perused the menu for lower carb options and rejected all of the appetizers. Settling on having a couple of entree salads for dinner, we continued to wait for the game to appear on a screen visible from our table.

The excuses given included their having 4 satellite cable boxes for the 8 screens and the batteries in the remote were dead and it's really complicated and the guy doing it is new to this restaurant and isn't familiar with the set-up and, and, and...but our patience was finally rewarded as the game we were following blinked into life on one of the screens. Five of the other 7 screens were on the same ESPN channel and I fear I really screwed up their attempts to provide a variety of sports options for the diners. Oh, well.

Then, there were the salads. Ugh. The chicken on both salads was badly over-cooked and quite dried out. The greens under the chicken were super wilted (probably from the hot chicken dumped on top) and unappetizing. My Caesar salad greens already had dressing hidden below the chicken but came with dressing on the side which I poured on before discovering most of the lettuce already was already dressed/drenched.

The best part of our meal was the great unsweetened iced tea! Strong but not bitter in the least. That's the best I can do tho.

The restaurant was clean, nice atmosphere, has possibilities for serving nice meals, but my husband has already declared we're done dining at TGI Fridays.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Came in around 3pm for an early dinner. Sat in the bar area. The server took about 5 minutes to give me a menu, then left without taking my drink order. She returned about 5 minutes later, took my drink order and then quickly left saying she was going to let me look over the menu some more (I was ready to order). She returned shortly after that with my unsweetened iced tea and disappeared yet again to get me some sweetener. After returning yet again, I ordered the ribeye steak (medium) with the garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. I would have thought for 18.99, I might have gotten a salad, some bread, some anything else. 15 minutes later my steak arrived, well-done and dry. The manager noticed I was looking around for some help and came to my table. I told him about my overdone steak, where he apologized and told me that a new steak would be out in 5 mins. 10 minutes later my new steak arrived, cooked properly. The meal was tasty but it was a very small steak with accoutrements as mentioned before. After being there for almost an hour with all this stuff, my server delivered my bill. You would think that with the issues I had that there would be an offer of a free dessert or 10% off my bill or something!!?? Nope. Not to be.... service was not good, foods was mediocre and not done right. Waste of time and money...

1  Thank Michael C