“Value and good food”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: A local favorite since 1983, Bittersweet has established itself as one of the premiere corporate and social caterers in the metropolitan area. We offer full-service catering as well as an in-house Bakery -- a local Old Town Alexandria tradition.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a small breakfast/lunch café on a corner or King's street. People tell me they have been in business for years! They have the right combination of great food and reasonable prices, so I expect they will be there when I go back to Alexandria.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I love the Bittersweet Café's menu, ambiance, and coffee. But the thing that draws me back time and time again are their cupcakes. I'm a skilled baker, and I maintain that Bittersweet makes THE best chocolate cupcakes in the entire United States. :)

Betty S, Marketing Coordinator at Bittersweet Catering, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Aww shucks arizcarol - we're blushing. Thanks for the review. All it takes is real ingredients!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This a good place for a light lunch . Good choices for a fresh salad and sandwiches . Great for vegetarian eaters. If you want to drink a good coffee and fresh juice this is the place in King st.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Our family consists of 3 kids and my husband and I. Read the reviews and wanted to try the food bar but they were taking it down when we got there. So husband and son split a tuna sandwich, said it was ok. Kids had the happy meal--which was 1/2 of a grilled cheese and mini cupcake for $5. No chips or anything so kids were still hungry. Mini cupcake according to my daughter was not good, but she is picky!! They were really small. I had the chicken salad sandwich. It was ok. The place was busy with lots of locals. We need to go back for breakfast.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a great place to grab breakfast . You will find something for everyone to eat here!! From vegetarian ,vegan and meat eaters!! The food was very good and the oj press was great!!