“Good Italian”
Review of Tempo Restaurant

Tempo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #98 of 766 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$23 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Gordon
Transit: Nearest Metro Station: King Street Metro is 2.2 miles away within walking distance if you are in good shape otherwise take a cab.
Description: Nestled in the West End, Tempo Restaurant is one of Alexandria's best-kept secrets. This elegant, but unpretentious, neighborhood restaurant is where the locals dine. Tempo's menu displays a blend of northern Italian and French cuisine, featuring fresh seafood.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The food here is good even if the menu is not as varied as many other higher end Italian restaurants. The setting is nice and service is decent - you will enjoy being greeted by the host with a chest full of military medals.

There are newer reviews for Tempo Restaurant

Reviewed 11 March 2014

While vacationing in Alexandria my wife and I decided to give Tempo a try. In general, our experience was a good one. Though the bread served before the meal was very basic, and the salad (both Caesar and mixed greens) were essentially lettuce on plates, Tempo delivered when it came to the main course. My veal Marsala was one of the best I've had, and my wife also enjoyed her pasta & broccoli a lot. The main courses were the reason I gave them a 4 vs 3.
Service was good, even though they were quite busy (prime time on a Friday night). Prices were reasonable.

1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

A neighborhood favorite does not disappoint once again!
Despite being Valentines day (when everyone feels obligated to dine out) service did not skip a best. A nice 4 course special Menu was offered in addition to the standard menu. We always have a very good meal here with the old table side dessert tray with numerous "fresh" sweet offerings.
Once again, just a very good meal and reasonably priced.
Every one left very pleased.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Good place to go from time to time when you are in the mood for good Italian Cuisine that is better than casual but not super expensive.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

On Thursday, November 14, 2013, my wife and I ate dinner at this restaurant. It was the last time we will, and we suggest you eat elsewhere.

We have eaten at this restaurant frequently, just the two of us, but also with friends. The food is always excellent, and on Thursday our flounder was delicious. Our cherry martinis were great. During our prior visits the service provided by Ulíses and the buspersons has been superb, but mediocre when our server was Fredy. On Thursday, our server was Fredy. He generally ignored us throughout the evening. We resorted to asking Ulíses to assist us, and he did in his typically gracious manner, as did the buspersons. But the low was when I finally got Fredy's attention, and I tried to ask for more coffee and the check. I only got half my question out when he walked away. When he returned I told him that he was rude, that we would never return, that he should cancel the coffee, and that I wanted my check. That triggered his pro forma apologies, and his offer of a free drink if I returned. We can buy our own drinks. I paid my check, including the appropriate tip, and we walked out. At the door, Ulíses kindly apologized and asked us to return. We appreciated his thoughtfulness.

As you know, there are many dining options in this area, and we will be spending our money there instead of at this restaurant.