“Great, Great As Always”
Review of Tempo Restaurant

Tempo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$23 - US$23
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Gordon
Transit: Nearest Metro Station: King Street Metro is 2.2 miles away within walking distance if you are in good shape otherwise take a cab.
Description: Nestled in the West End, Tempo Restaurant is one of Alexandria's best-kept secrets. This elegant, but unpretentious, neighborhood restaurant is where the locals dine. Tempo's menu displays a blend of northern Italian and French cuisine, featuring fresh seafood.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Love the ambience of this restaurant and with enough parking, I take this over the craziness of 2 hour parking in Old Town anytime. Too bad not many young folks come here since this is a good romantic setting. We old foggies dominate the scene. Now today, should have had my friend's fish. Fish is always good here. Instead I had Capellini D'Angelo Napolitana as I wasn't too hungry. Today angel hair pasta didn't come out al dente and too much of tomato sauce. I know angel hair is difficult to make it al dente but that's why I come here. Their wine selection is always interesting. Never had wines from Moldova so had a sip of Pinot Grigio. Too watery. Went back to my Torrentes from Argentina. Love this white. Will keep on looking for good Moldovian wine.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The food here is good even if the menu is not as varied as many other higher end Italian restaurants. The setting is nice and service is decent - you will enjoy being greeted by the host with a chest full of military medals.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

While vacationing in Alexandria my wife and I decided to give Tempo a try. In general, our experience was a good one. Though the bread served before the meal was very basic, and the salad (both Caesar and mixed greens) were essentially lettuce on plates, Tempo delivered when it came to the main course. My veal Marsala was one of the best I've had, and my wife also enjoyed her pasta & broccoli a lot. The main courses were the reason I gave them a 4 vs 3.
Service was good, even though they were quite busy (prime time on a Friday night). Prices were reasonable.

1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

A neighborhood favorite does not disappoint once again!
Despite being Valentines day (when everyone feels obligated to dine out) service did not skip a best. A nice 4 course special Menu was offered in addition to the standard menu. We always have a very good meal here with the old table side dessert tray with numerous "fresh" sweet offerings.
Once again, just a very good meal and reasonably priced.
Every one left very pleased.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Good place to go from time to time when you are in the mood for good Italian Cuisine that is better than casual but not super expensive.