“Exploring a local Mexican eatery (again)”
Review of Los Tios Grill

Los Tios Grill
Ranked #37 of 754 Restaurants in Alexandria
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Salvadoran, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Exploring a local Mexican eatery (again)”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was spending a few days in the DC area visiting family and friends, and one afternoon, I decided to take in a movie. At the end of the movie, I looked for nearby restaurants, and Los Tios Grill came up. I'm always looking for good Mexican food when exploring an area, and the local enterprises are inevitably better than the big national chains.

The restaurant was very busy on a pleasant summer Monday evening, so a lot of people opted to sit outdoors at the sidewalk tables. I took a table indoors, and service was quick and courteous. I ordered a Dos Equis Amber draft beer to begin with, and housemade tortilla chips and salsa were brought to the table.

The restaurant has an extensive menu with all the typical Tex-Mex offerings, but also including some typically Salvadoran items as well. I opted to order a platter of my own choosing; I selected a beef taco, a cheese enchilada, and a chile relleno. The beef taco came in a crispy corn shell, which appeared to have been fried by hand, rather than a commercially processed taco shell. That was a good sign to begin with. The beef was not your typical ground beef, but rather more like carne asada, and was very good. The cheese enchilada was with a green chile sauce, and the chile relleno was good, but the batter was a little too bread-y and too much. But all in all, I enjoyed my platter and would definitely return to Los Tios Grill to try more of the menu.

• Visited August 2014

Alexandria, VA
“Food is pretty good, taco sauces watery, premises nice, service okay”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is not a great restaurant. The Mexican-Salvadorian cuisine is predictable for this genre.
The premises are spacious with lots of indoor and outdoor options to choose from. The service is about average. The main dishes including fajitas are good but make sure they bring the dish you ordered. I had the combo shrimp, beef and chicken and they neglected until I reminded them to bring the chicken. The chardonnay wine was mediocre and my friend's margarita was below average.

I won't come here again but if you must come here you will be okay but don't expect to have your socks knocked off!

• Visited July 2014
Texas
“Perfect food, service and on-site owner management”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I love this place. We are always greeted by the owner, who is a robust, friendly and dedicated food establishment professional. It's by far the best Mexican/Salvadorian food within miles of this area and all of the items I've ordered there over the years have been excellent. The drinks are also perfect...make sure to try the Baja Margo...it's great.
My last meal there was a wonderful brunch item consisting of mexican sausage and eggs....with all the correct sides. The friendly waitstaff and other staff are very observant and helpful...

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank TexasToddness
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Amazing chips & salsa!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was my first time to Los Tios. The service was excellent. Everything came out very fast and we were well attended to even though it was extremely busy. My meal was very good, and my friend's meal looked very good. However the favorite part was the chips & salsa! The chips were so thin - almost like paper - so good. They have a nice section for outside seating.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank ktmk13
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Lunch and Service!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Service and Food were excellent! So glad I found Los Tios. We had a quiet lunch on a weekday outside. We will have to come back for dinner soon!!

Visited April 2014