“A great chain restaurant”
Review of La Tasca

La Tasca
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 767 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Transit: King Street Metro (Yellow & Blue Lines) Also, take advantage of the King Street Trolley, a free trolley from the King Street metro stop all the way to the harbor. We are located between Washington Street and St Asaph Street.
Description: La Tasca is a careful blend of everything about Spain—warm décor, authentic cuisine and friendly hospitality.With a combination of many tapas dishes, paellas, sangria blends and Spanish wines and beers, La Tasca has something for everyone.We strive to keep the Spanish culture and passion alive in our restaurants
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've been to three different locations for La Tasca, and as I always say, they always deliver. The food, service and choice are always decent. The environment is always welcoming and I always leave full but without feeling like I'll rip at the seams (well, mostly anyhow). The space at this location is adequate and the scene seems to be perpetually lively. My girlfriend and I went one evening during one of their "wine festivals". In addition to a great meal, we picked up a bottle of something nice and a couple complimentary glasses. Of course I'll return.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

For three couples we had the "classic Spain tasting" tapa combo and the paella mixta (it was enough, but we easily could have ate more). It was all very good. The only confusion we had was what to do with the salmorejo,(like a gazpacho) soup! Of everything, the paella was the star of the show--highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

So my wife and I were looking to try some place new so we looked in trip advisor and decided to give this place a shot. The exterior was a little underwhelming and we almost moved on to another place... That would have been a mistake. They have a great menu, we decided to order the "taste of tusca" for $70. We were absolutely blown away by how wonderful the food was!!! The taste of tusca was a sampler platter that had beef, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, asparagus, salmon, lamb, calamari, chicken and shrimp. The flavors were unreal!!! We concluded with a "tarts de pear" which was also delicious! We will definitely be back! Great service from our waiter john!

1  Thank Jack N
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great location, but I felt a little too much like I was eating at a chain restaurant. The concept is great, but the atmosphere feels forced. The service was good though.

I had the paella mixta, albondigas, mejillones al eneldo, and the brocheta de marisco, the latter of which was my favorite item because, well, bacon + seafood. The mussels and meatballs were good, and the paella was a bit dry, but on the whole, the meal was satisfactory. There were plenty of sangria options to choose from, which kept us happy throughout the evening.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The tapas choices run in the $6 range to perhaps $12 . . . mostly around $10. We started with the mussels . . . followed that with tenderloins . . . and concluded with shrimp and scallops wrapped in bacon on skewers . . . of course some beer. We had a little salty goat cheese with some crisp breads as a final treat. The world cup was on and the folks who came in to cheer for Brazil were sad . . . but the beer and tapas were helping their mood. There are so many more great tapas items on the menu to try. A wonderful, delicious evening.