“Nice hotel”

Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We spent a night here for our trip from New York to Orlando. We wanted a place close to Washington D.C and were it would be easy to get back on the road the next day. The hotel itself is really nice. It's nothing fancy and rather classical Best Western. The room was big and clean. Beds were good. Free parking.
The service at the desk was really good and the receptionist specifically told us how to get to and from D.C. quick and easy. The hotel has their own shuttle service between the hotel and Huntington Station which is the closest subway station. For us the departure times didn't fit so we took a local bus from the hotel to the station. The trip tour about 15 minutes. Then we took the subway (with a transfer) to DC. That also took about 20-ish minutes, 30 minutes with the transfer. We spent a couple of hours in the city before we took the same route back to the hotel.
We had a really good stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EliseDahle
bwmtv, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we hope to see you again in the future
next time you visit our area

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed one night in July, 2014. Very nice property with great location right on U.S. 1. The property is up to date and clean. Room was spacious and well maintained. Staff was very helpful. A little far from DC proper, but there is a Metro station not far from the hotel. Ft. Belvior is right down the road and Mount Vernon is only 5 minutes away.

1  Thank Robbie H

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again, next time you visit the DC area!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The web page said free shuttle to metro. Got to hotel and found out it was only on weekdays. Were given directions to metro but that isn't what we wanted. Everything else about the hotel was above average.

1  Thank Wilbert H

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I'm sorry you were disappointed in not having weekend shuttle service, since it's free to park on weekends and the station is fairly close we
think guests enjoy the freedom of selecting thier own schedule on weekends rather than the set pick ups we could offer. I do hope you'll consider staying with us again, the next time you are in the area

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great stay overall. The staff is extremely helpful. We used the hotel shuttle that ran back and forth to the Metro station, which is well worth it. We did 2 days of touring the DC area then 1 day at Mount Vernon, which is only a few minutes from the hotel.

1  Thank LaLa0970
bwmtv, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience, we hope to see you again in the future
the next time you visit the DC area.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Good value, standard breakfast, bit far from Washington central, but overall a good decent hotel...worth staying here. Very spacious lobby, good size room and bathroom, fairly far from metro, standard strip mall type of shopping near by.

1  Thank Teresa R
bwmtv, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We strive to offer all our guest's a "Great Stay" I hope you'll come back and visit us again the next time you travel to the DC area

Reviewed 29 June 2014

In June, I spent two nights in the Best Western. I travel quite often to the USA and I never had such a bad experience before. I had booked two rooms and requested the highest floor. when we arrived at 11.30 the lady at the lobby told me immediately that the check-in time was 3 'clock and not sooner. I was a bit suprised because my experience is that they welcome you when you want to check in. She didn't even welcome me it was her first sentence. I told her that I was a bit disappointed and I never experienced this before but I respect the rules of the hotel. She promissed me that our rooms were ready at 3 o'clock. When I came back the rooms were still not ready. At 15.20 we received the keys of the first room and I had to wait for the keys of the second room. I received the keys at 15.45 and we get the rooms on the lowest floor while I requested the highest floor. When I was in my room the room smelled horrible. Mold was growing and the room was very soggy. Since then I still have problems with my airways because I have asthma. When I wanted som soda all the vending machines were broken. So no drinks could be found in the hotel. The next day we had some breakfast, the bread was old and there was nothing refilled. There was no yoghurt eggs etc and when I asked the person who is responsible for the breakfast she didn't even speak english. She was standing there with her hands in her pockets and didn't do anything. We left the hotel at 09.45 and when we came back at 18.00 and we wanted to fresh up the rooms where not even cleaned. So I had to complain again and finally at 18.30 they cleaned our rooms. The people in the hotel were not nice and most of them did not spoke english. I complained to the manager and the only thing she did for use to reduce one night with 50 USD. From my opinion thi is not enough, when I wanted to speak with her again she was gone. Also, you cannot load your Phone or i pad because everything is old in that old (see picture). Again, terrible service and housekeeping and I will never stay in the Best Western again. I prefer the marriot or hilton much beter service than in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank USAREIZIGER2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

service help from counter at check in time was impolite, not professionally dressed and on his cell phone the entire time. vending machines were empty Morning breakfast area was dirty, food was cold with little to choose from

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwmtv, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Mount Vernon/Ft. Belvoir, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We'd like to appologize for the problems you experienced during your stay, they were certainly not the normal level of service. We were in the process of changing our vendor whom maintains and supplies our hotel vending machines. During the change process we did offer free bottled water at the front desk to all our guests.
We strive to offer a delicious hot breakfast to all, I'm not sure why it was not up to standards when you went for breakfast, we will certainly be evaluating your feedback.
I do hope if your in our area again yu will give us another try