“Good for business”

Ranked #13 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
San Francisco, California
“Good for business”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

While taking a meeting at the patent office, I spent one night at the Westin. It is a typical business hotel and true to the Westin name. I expect a Westin to provide comfortable accommodations for the business traveler, to have a professional staff, and to have a business center. Done. There is not much more luxury to it than that. It is a relatively new property in the larger scheme of things, and so has the benefits of this. The room was basic, nothing to remember, but also nothing much to complain about. The best things about this property are the location in Alexandria and the proximity to the patent office, as well as the restaurant "Trademark." I took the rare opportunity to have a quiet dinner to myself before the business meetings began and enjoyed sitting in a corner booth with a view of the game on the television while enjoying the lobster pot pie. Perfect for me, and a rather pleasant business trip. This Westin property is the right place for a short business trip in Alexandria.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear GogoTrekker,
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking the time to share your comments. I was glad to know our lacation worked out well for your business needs and that you enjoyed your experience in our newly redone Trademark restaurant. We look forward to being of service again when business brings you our way and please do not hesitate to reach out to me whenever you are here.
Rich Casale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
SF
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I am writing this review with a little disappointment because I expected something special. The Westin brand is one I have always associated with luxury. I did not pay too much attention to previous reviews saying their stay was just average. Well honestly, Alexandria is a charming place and the hotel's location is lovely with the metro and Oldtown with in walking distance. The staff is very curteous and helpful but the property is not managed very well. I was there for two nights and the secong day I was out in town and returned to my room in the late lafternoon to find it just as I left it in the morning. Bed unmade, bathroom not cleaned. That is when I noticed the stain on my sheet. Before I left at 3 pm I asked the front desk when they have the rooms cleaned and if they forgot to clean my room they said they would have room cleaned. When I returned the room was in order but the maid must have been in a rush because the contents of my trash can was in the toilet. I mentioned this when I checked out. It is unfortunate that now the Westin brand is on my list of hotels not to stay at.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor so you get a view. The inside rooms look over a graveled roof.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear David,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments. While it seems you did enjoy our location and staff, I did also note our oversight and poor service in housekeeping on the 2nd day. My sincere apologies. This certainly is not indicative of how we generally operate. Your feedback is appreciated and will certainly help us to focus more in this area. Again my apologies and I hope you might view this as an exception and not the rule and that we might have another opporutnity to be of service.
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Nice, modern, clean hotel, great staff. Only had a couple issues with the phone and tv remote, but
batteries were replaced and we moved on. Restaurant had a nice bar, but breakfast had a very limited and quite pricey menu. Loved that they had a shuttle to Old Town...very convenient, and a Great driver, "Tes" from Ethiopia. A fine man, very helpful and kind!! Overall, really a nice stay!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear PixiePixels,
Thank you for staying with us. I was delighted to know that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff, and, in particular Tesfy, our shuttle driver. I know he will enjoy reading your comments concerning his service. It sounds like we reacted quickly to address the two issues you had with your phone and the TV remote so I was pleased to read about that as well. Hoping to see you again soon.
Chula Vista, California
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Currently traveling through the Washington DC area on business and stayed at the Westin. Exceptional experience! They really know how to take crae of their customers. I stayed a couple of nights and will be returning in about a week for an additional two days. All of their staff are all about taking care of the customer. Front desk staff was very quick and knowledgable. The room was in excellent condition! The bed was very comfortable and difficult to want to get out of in the morning. The view from the room was great as I was on the top floor. Their restaurant (Trademarks) was great as well. Their wing special was awesome and really hit the spot. Overall, I have nothing but great things to say about this hotel and its location. I will defintiely be returning in a week and in the future!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Pablo C.
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts. I was glad to know you enjoyed so many different aspects of your stay from the helpfulnees of our staff, to the condition of the room, the comfort of the bed, and the food in Trademark. We are looking forward to your return and I do hope to meet you. Please do not hesitate to ask for me next time in.
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The Westin in Alexandria Virginia is the ideal location to visit the history of our country. Just hop aboard the metro and it will take you to the Pentagon and to Arlington Cemetary where several of our past Presidents lay. Then on to the White House and see the Smithsonian.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank hsplain
Dear hsplain,
Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to comment here. I was so glad to know that you enjoyed our central location in terms of getting around Northern Virginia and in and out of DC. Hope to see you again soon.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed here before and am continually satisfied. The staff was bright and cheery, making me feel welcome. The service in the bar was fast and friendly, and the breakfast selections are all delish!

Rooms are quiet and comfortable and deliver a good night's sleep. Great prices too! I always recommend this location when visiting the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JackiB0312
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear JackieB,
Thank you for staying with us for your visits to the area. I was gladd to know that you are having such a great experience all around with our staff, our resturant, our rooms. We look forward to your next visit and I hope to have an opportunity to meet you. Please do not hesitate to ask for me while you are here.
Glassboro, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We don't stay at hotels often.....this was just for a quick one night stay. Overall, it was good experience. The front desk was extremely pleasant and efficient. The room was clean. I was disappointed that there was no free wifi and if you valet park it is $26 but we just parked on the street. A continental breakfast would also have been a nice perk but we found a great place not too far away.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Lahood,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the service from our front desk team as well as your room accommodations. We hope to see you again soon.