1. About 3 blocks from Metro - free shuttle, but we felt safe walking back at night.
2. 20 - 25 minutes from DC.
3. Wi-Fi is $10, not free.
4. Double beds are full, not queen. VERY hard to fit two average sized people in one bed.
5. Sheets and pillows soft and comfy. Bath towels scratchy. Complimentary robe nice.
6. Front desk clerk Adrian (sp.?) very friendly, welcoming, and helpful.
7. Valet parking $26 a day. They should allow the guys to dress a little more weather appropriate. 94 degrees in a suit and tie? We felt bad for them.
8. Ditch the bordering Starbucks. Our "drug of choice" we drink Starbucks daily and everywhere we go. First time in our lives we through the coffee out, even after a second try. Staff rude and hard to understand.
9. Downtown Alexandria charming and quaint. Worth a visit.
10. Very clean, pretty hotel. Good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Alexandria blends sophistication and elegance with the historic surroundings of Alexandria. Located in Old Town Alexandria, our hotel is an oasis of personal, instinctive comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Alexandria Westin