All reviewsheavenly bedold townking streettrademark officevalet parkingminute walkwhole foodsmetro stationvery nice hotelper dayvery nice stayup to datefree shuttlethe room was niceshuttle servicereagan airportcourthouse
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I had no problems with this hotel. The staff was very friendly, and the concierge was helpful. Unfortunately, my family is full of late risers and housekeeping missed our room on one occasion, but that is partially our fault.

While this has nothing to do with the quality of the hotel, be aware that Alexandria has no night life. In the event that you get the midnight munchies, you're out of luck because there's really nowhere to eat that is open after 8pm.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Third time in 3 years I've stayed here. Was here for a 2 day meeting. It's so reliable! Not flashy ... just darn good! Most of the food I ate there was of the 'hors d'oeuvre' type at lunch after the meetings. It was excellent.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very nice and modern as soon as you walk in. When we told the concierge Keven that it was our one year anniversary, he upgraded our room to a top floor and even gave us breakfast coupons for two! So nice! That alone made the experience awesome. The windows are big, the bed is big and comfy, and they have rainfall showers! We are totally happy with our stay.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We checked in around 2:30 on Saturday. The valet was very attentive. The cost of valet parking is 30.00 with in and out privileges.
They want to charge you 9.95 a day for internet and there's no wifi in the lobby. It was the strangest thing because even my sprint service didn't want to work in the hotel. So I'd recommend getting the internet. The hotel itself was pretty clean. The lobby had some dirt around the sorting area but our room was clean. The hot water took a few minutes to get hot but not a huge deal. I loved the lighting in the bathroom. There's a gift shop downstairs in the lobby and a restaurant. We didn't eat in the restaurant but it seemed a bit pricey but nothing new for a hotel. All and all it was an alright stay but if you're looking for any nightlife or restaurant choices I'd stay somewhere else. The area was like ghost town over the weekend but the up side is we felt very safe.

The shuttle will take you to King St. and continues until 10pm

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
WestinAlexndria, General Manager at The Westin Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear r r,
Thanks for staying with us recently and taking the time to share these comments. I hope you might return at some point and encourage you to reach out to me in advance. I would welcome the opportunity to meet you and look after your accommodations.
Rich Casale

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We found the Westin Alexandria to be a very nice hotel for our stay. The lobby and rooms were clean and had all necessary amenities such as a fridge and safe. The bathroom had a waterfall showerhead which was okay, though not my favorite. Two minor issues which should be corrected would be the lack of free wifi for guests and service in the lounge in the evening. I can't remember the last time I had to pay for wifi at a hotel or even at a resort outside of the continental US, so that seemed a bit ridiculous. As far as the lounge, there were a couple of nights where we had excellent service, but on one occasion the gentleman working was rude not at all accommodating. When guests are paying $10-12 per drink, excellent service should be the norm in my opinion.

Overall, the Westin Alexandria is a nice hotel. A couple of minor tweaks would make it fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear All-InclusiveCouple,
Thank you for staying with us recently. I was glad to know that overall you enjoyed the hotel and your experience. I did want to extend my apologies for the poor service experience the one night in our bar as that is certainly not our norm. Regarding internet, while we do charge, there are a number rate plans or packages that do include the internet on a complimentary basis. Lets see if we can't get that worked out for you on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me should you have needs or questions.
Rich Casale