“Those Bang Bang shrimp can't be beat.”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #131 of 817 Restaurants in Alexandria
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Bonefish has become our favorite seafood place. The service is devine and the food is excellent. Their signature appetizer, Bang Bang shrimp is to die for. We always get it, no matter what else we order. Bonefish is a great place - you'll love it!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This Bonefish grill is typical of all in the chain. High quality food at a reasonable price. If it is the weekend plan on a wait. Hostess staff not always the best, but don't let that deter you.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

One of my go-to restaurants for seafood, I first discovered BFG on vacation in Wilmington, NC in 2009. Howvever, my most recent vist was just "meh". I will give them props for finally changing their policy and accepting reservations; eating at this restaurant on a Saturday night was next to impossible without enduring a 45 minute wait. As far as the meal goes; Drinks: Blackberry Mojito was flavorful but a little short on rum; my friend enjoyed his Cranberry Martinis. Appetizer: BFG Imperial Dip - scallops, shrimp, crabmeat in cheese based sauce with some pita chips. It was ok, nothing outstanding despite my expectations given my three fav seafoods - also there were not enough of the pita chips for a party of 2. Salad; Cesar -very fresh, very good and well dressed considering a lot of restaurants are skimping on the salad dressing these days, I didnt need to ask for extra dressing. Entrees: we both selected the large portion of Chilean sea bass with a simple lemon butter topping. The fish, as expected, was excellent. However, BFG could benefit from a vist from a food stylist. Since we first 'eat with our eyes' the plate presentation was definitely lacking; a hunk of fish on one side of the plate, a glop of the potatoes au gratin next to the fish and a few 'seasonal vegetables' on the side. There was no 'wow factor', not even any kind of garnish (bring back the parsley) to upgrade the plate to a culinary experience from just another chain restaurant meal. Service: absolutely no complaints there, service was attentive, yet non obtrusive. BFG could use an energy jolt before becoming just another run of the mill seafood house (see Red Lobster!)

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Tried to eat at this restaurant on two occasions. The first had a 40 minute wait on a Wednesday evening. Too long for us. The following evening was 20 minutes and I'm glad we stayed. We were offered free bits of appetizers as we waited and was served drinks (not free). The wait was true to their guesstimate. Once seated, the bang-bang shrimp, the chicken main course, and the dessert was very good. Too good as I ate too much. Our server was fairly new, but did well. Would return there on another trip to DC.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

BFG is my hangout. The food is simple in preparation and of good quality for the price. They also have more elaborately prepared dishes with plenty of butter and/or cream if that's what you prefer. Though the place can be quite busy, I've never had to wait very long for a spot at the bar or a community table. The staff has always been friendly and treated me very well. This is one of the busier locations in the chain according to the staff and they're proud of that fact.