Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
US$171
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$175
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$123
ComfortInn
US$229
US$195
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$226
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
US$262
US$233
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$164
US$205
US$197
US$182
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$146
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsihop breakfastroom was cleanmetro stationfree breakfastfront desk staffdc areafree parkingold town alexandriafreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2008

For reasons beyond my control, I have stayed at Comfort Inn Landmark a few times over the last couple of years, and just returned from my last visit.

Rooms: quite all right, just been refurbished
Entrance and reception area: worn out
Staff: helpful and friendly in a weary way
Cleanliness: should be improved, but not at all insanitary
Location: convenient, un-charming, iHOPnext door, Korean restaurant with good food and margaritas across parking lot
Price: cheap
Clientele: not posh

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2008

I got a deal for the long weekend of presidents day
2 days cost me 140$ including taxes...so not a bad deal
good room and well maintained.(non smoking)

the on ly problem i faed, the coller and the warmer both when placed on 'high' made a disturbing sound...hence i had to sleep with a normal fan during the winter days...
however it wasnt of much a pain...
the only brawback

breakfast was ok...not that good but to the level of 'ok' when its complimentary

the good this about this hotel was that it was abotu 15 miles from dc, but the parking was free at their premises...else all DC hotels were charging for parking

Thanks
Nikhil

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 11 October 2007

this is the first time I have been compelled to post a hotel review on this site--

We stayed here with our students on a school trip to DC. Not only was the hotel dirty and some of the rooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks, but there was little or no hot water in about a third of our rooms. Also, even though all our rooms were non-smoking, some reeked of smoke.

Now I realize these things happen from time to time, however the biggest problem was that when we mentioned anything to the front desk people on duty, we were blamed for it being our fault! From the water, to the dirt, to the smoke, to the fact that our rooms were scattered all over the hotel even though we were promised they would be together, zero help was offered to rectify any of the situations. It was always either there's nothing we can do about it, or it's your fault. I have never been treated this rudely by staff at the over 100 other hotels I've stayed at.

We ended up moving 70 people to a different hotel out in Camp Springs, MD, where we had a much more enjoyable stay, despite the hassle of switching hotels mid-trip. I would never, ever bring a group back to this hotel, or stay here myself for even one night.

• Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank era11
Reviewed 21 July 2007

Our church group taveled to see Washington D.C. We were very disappointed when we got there. We sold on a very different picture.
The bus drivers bed were infested with bedbugs. One of the drivers was bitten pretty bad our first night. The following morning he was so swollen. Of course, the manager was very accommodating in getting our driver to the hospital, his medication and keeping us quiet.

• Stayed: July 2007
3  Thank Bankergirl90
Reviewed 3 June 2007

We were in smoking room. Now, I know smokers are not treated well these days, but we felt we had been sent down to the dungeon. The wall paper in the room was peeling and dirty. Not just a little dirty - spots and dirt were very noticeable. There were cigarette burns on the tables - I didn't fault them for that at first - thinking it was the fault of rude smokers who didn't have respect for other people's property. Then I realized there were no ashtrays in the room. I called down to the front desk requesting ashtrays. After an hour, I went down to the front desk to get an ashtray, which they did give me one ashtray with some reluctance. A half hour after that the maid finally showed up with an ashtray, which I took since there were two of us smoking.

We stayed at another Comfort Inn in Richmond with similar results. Hopefully, they treat their non-smoking clients better, but we will never know, because even if we quit smoking we will never stay at another Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple