“I loved the Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark
Ranked #39 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I loved the Hotal. My room was nice and clean. It was very cold when I was in VA so i asked Nick if he could see what he could do about it. He had Anthony come in and put a new heater in my room. They did not have to put a new heater in my room put they did. The room was nice and clean too. When i come back to Alexandria in the Landmark area i will be at the Comfort Inn. Thanks alot to Nick and Anthony for make my stay great.

Room Tip: Get one on the 6 floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Happy New Year Darryl R. and thank you for staying at the Comfort Inn Landmark!

I am very pleased to learn that Nick and Anthony have both delivered the level of service that our team here at the Comfort Inn Landmark is committed to do whenever a request is made. Our goal is to meet or exceed every guest's expectation each time we are given an opportunity by a request or just to provide the expected clean, comfortable accommodations.

We are happy to learn of your positive experience and look forward to your return visit.

Rgeards,

Ian Harvey

Reviewed 31 December 2013

My daughter and I stayed for only one night. However, there aren't really any kids channels on the lineup. It would be nice to have either a Disney or Nickelodeon channel. The towels that were in the non-smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. You may want to think of separating the towels used in the smoking rooms from the ones used in the non-smoking rooms. Non-smokers can easily smell cigarette smoke. Also some of the fixtures in the bathroom leaked black stuff - not sure what it was. Overall, it was quiet and we were able to sleep quite comfortably.

Room Tip: 1st floor doesn't have an ice machine.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear jobraval,
Thank you very much for staying with us in December and for taking the time to share some details regarding your stay. I am pleased that you found our hotel to be quiet and and that you were able to sleep comfortably.

You have my assurance that we will take immediate action in addressing the areas that did not quite meet your expectations and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. I'm confident in inviting you back whenever your travel plans brings you to Alexandria at which time I expect we'll meet/exceed your expectations.

Have a Happy 2014 and hope to see you soon.

Ian harvey

Reviewed 20 December 2013

There was this one really nice hispanic lady! her name is Arminda she is really friendly! i have stayed there for like 2 weeks. i can tell she does her work! I really like comfort inn. I tell people to go there everyone who lives in the VA!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Hello Ms. RachelAwesome K,
I was a pleasure reading your favorable feedback about our Room Attendant Arminda. I will be sure to share a copy of your review with her and to thank her for making your day. Our entire team has a commitment to making the effort to exceed every guest's expectations in service, cleanliness, and overall customer service which usually confirms their intent to return and recommend our hotel. Thank you for your continued commitment to using our facility and also for recommending us to your friends, family, and associates.

Have a Happy Holidays!!

Ian Harvey

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Comfort Inn at Landmark has recently repainted the exterior, and it was an excellent job. Looks great. New carpet is coming as well as some upgrades to coffee service in the room on new counter top space -- not in the bathroom. New carpeting in the Hallway and new renovations to lobbyshould make the whole place look like an expensive hotel. But, it isn't. This is the place people who don't have big expense accounts stay, because they get the best value for the money.

Room Tip: they are all good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Mr. C!!!

Thank You again for not only your loyalty and laughs but for taking the time to point out all the wonderful new changes we have going on here at the Comfort Inn! You are truly like family here and we look forward to your visit! I've always said, it's our long time guests like you, who have truly watched all the fabulous changes occur that can celebrate them with us. :) Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!! I'll show you around the next time you're in.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Warm Regards,

Laura and the CI Team!!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have stayed two nights in this hotel.All front office staff were helpful and friendly. There was a shuttle every 30 mins until 11am and every hour after that to the metro station which was really good. Breakfast was provided by IHOP( International House of Pancakes ) which is next door. Room was ok, nice and clean. Only negative thing about this was, they took $50.00 damage deposit from my credit card when I checked in and haven't advised me until I found out. The booking site havent advised (booking.com) about it. I used a prepaid card while I was in USA. They refunded when I came back to UK. However I will stay there if I go to DC again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Thush888,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave a comment about your stay. I enjoyed sharing it with the staff. We have so many new and exciting things happening at the property, the new I-Hop breakfast is only one of them, I hope you'll be able to come back again. :)

Thank you again and we hope you all have a wonderful Fall and Winter!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Room was clean. Had minor issue with a/c froze up and water puddled in carpet around it.
Staff was extremely helpful when we had a flat tire. Having IHOP in the building was a plus.
Would definitely stay

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Joane E
Comfort_Inn_Landmark, General Manager at Comfort Inn Alexandria West - Landmark, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Joane E,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave a comment regarding your stay with us. I am so very glad we were able to take care of the issue with your AC and thank you for acknowledging the staff. It's always so nice for me to read and share with them. It truly makes our day! We hope to see you all again on your next trip through DC/Alexandria.

Thank you again and we all hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I travel for business and the location of this property was ideal. The staff was very nice and friendly as I checked in a few hours later than expected due to flight issues. The breakfast from IHOP was good and cooked to order.I was unable to use the shuttle this time due to my meeting times but it is a great service when traveling on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tracy G

Dear Tracy G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice comment about your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Landmark! I am so happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our brand new offering of a full I-Hop breakfast with your room. We have so many exciting new updates going on this year including a new guest laundry, market, new warm and relaxing lobby, new carpeting along with the new I-Hop breakfast! We look forward to your next visit. :)

Thank you again and we all hope you have a fabulous winter season.