“It was clean”

Ranked #29 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Troutville
“It was clean”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

so you could put up with that is was worn...bathroom in need of repair to grout and toilet needed repair. If your on a budget it is a good choice a lot less than other motels but clean with great location. Was surprised by the very nice TV. I appreciated the woman doing the breakfast friendly and helpful. It was a good choice for us we knew we would only be in the room for 12 hours so seemed crazy to spend more.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MarkettaTroutville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My wife and I found this hotel to be an average hum drum kinda place. We stayed 2 nights and thought the location was adequate for our visit to Mt Vernon and Alexandria. There is a Denny's across the street and many other food places nearby.The room was clean but outdated and the bed was not so good :( Also the room was a bit noisy from all the contractors staying at the hotel. Never the less it seemed to be a good value and we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DJphoto
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Stay was 17-18 May 2012. I had mixed feelings after reading the reviews because of the location and I had Google mapped the location. But the reviews helped and for the price compared to double the amount or more for the other hotels 5 to 10 minutes up the road closer to Ft Belvoir, I decided to try it out. I’m glad I did because it ended up being closer for me to get to a friend’s home after a retirement ceremony I came up for. Actually the area turned out much better than anticipated. More stores and a lot of new stuff. Wal-mart up the street and Target down the street. And you can tell that the area is cleaning up with all the new businesses. Eating places everywhere. Except for the low income apartment complex across the four lane hwy, which you can see some remodeling taking place and a small low income complex on the other side of the fence next to the hotel and another small one next to that one, the hotel is actually in and ideal spot for all the new development around it. I did not see anyone hanging out at 9pm when I got back to the hotel and as others stated I did not feel unsafe. Actually saw three police officers on those scooters riding around through the complexes, and a security guard walking the property of the hotel and the hotel has cameras all around the property. Overall the hotel should be rated a three star instead of a two. The place was clean, no need for me to break out any cleaning products, the staff very friendly, the breakfast hot and very plentiful for me, but I’m not a big eater. Had the eggs, bacon, mini bagel w/cream cheese and OJ. Some of the furniture is old and worn but clean, no stains in the carpet, looked like my room had new caulking (Rm 303), but I could hear the traffic faintly from the highway and that was probably because the room was toward the front of the hotel. But it didn’t bother me, because I can hear traffic at home. Overall I was happy with my choice.

Room Tip: If you don't like the sound of traffic, then ask for a room toward middle or back.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank msworldadventure
Port Saint Lucie
Reviewed 8 May 2012

In October 2011 our family of five packed in to our Honda Fit to travel from eastern-central Florida to DC. By the time we made it to Quality Inn Mount Vernon we felt like we were in heaven. As a low-income family we do everything on a shoe-string budget or we simply don't do it. I know of no other hotel in the area--and few hotels near cities such as Tampa and Orlando--that manage to provide a pleasant, comfortable, impeccably clean and friendly hotel experience at an affordable rate. This is what makes QI at Mount Vernon so special. Having stayed at a few hotels in DC, I can tell you that this is our family's DC hotel of choice for as long as it maintains such quality. Of course some will be concerned with the distance from the heart of it all. Yet as the front desk folks will explain, the hotel is right around the corner from a metro stop where you can park and ride. And if you don't have a car the hotel offers a shuttle.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank EcofeministDad
Fresno
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We were here for eleven days in April while touring the DC area. It was a great place to stay, about three miles from the metro station (so you need a car), but we drove to the South garage at the Huntington station and took the metro to downtown almost every day. The town of Alexandria and George Washington's Mount Vernon estate are about four miles each way from the motel, and they are both well worth a visit. There are lots of restaurants and shopping centers within driving range of the hotel.

The hotel is located next to a low income housing project, so there were a lot of kids walking around, but the room was quiet and we felt very safe. The breakfast was good, with waffles, cereal, juice, coffee, pasteries, yogurt, eggs and bacon (although my father-in-law wished they had sausage some days, instead of bacon). The breakfast room was small, but there was seating outside (when it wasn't raining). Breakfast started at 6:30, so were were able to make almost all of our tour times downtown (only missed one because of traffic going to the metro station).

We were in a large room with two queen beds and two sinks (one in the bathroom and one in the walk-in closet - microwave - refigerator area). It worked out very nicely for four adults. Check-in and check-out went very smoothly and the overall bill came within nine cents of what we were quoted on the internet.

We would definetly stay here again, but it does take a good hour to get downtown on the metro during rush hour, so if you have a morning tour, leave early. The metro system was very easy to use, and it took us where we wanted to go.

Room Tip: The large room with queen beds and the second sink worked out great for us. I could go in the '...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Miata-lover
Berlin, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here in April 2012 with my family (three kids ages 1 to 13). We found this hotel to be clean, well-run, and within convenient distance to all Washington D.C. and Northern Virginia historical sites. The hotel pool was not open when we stayed, so I can't comment on that, but, the room was clean and well-stocked, came with a microwave and fridge, and opened to the outside (no interior corridor). There is a little patio and picnic area near the room where the free breakfast is served. The breakfast consisted of eggs and bacon, cereal, toast, muffins, danishes, do-it-yourself waffles, fruit, coffee, tea, and apple and orange juices.

The hotel was on US Rt 1, and was within easy access of a plethora of chain restaurants, big-box type stores and grocery chains. Curb appeal suffers, unfortunately, from a derelict property in front of the hotel on the median. Nothing the owners can do about their slovenly neighbors, though. They added a fountain to the entrance way-- the first I've seen at a Choice Hotel! I usually stay with this chain for business, and was somewhat anxious as to whether my family and another who were traveling with us would like the Choice chain. The Mount Vernon Quality Inn certainly put that anxiety to bed!

Room Tip: While they're farther from the breakfast / picnic area, there might be less noise / more privacy...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank MatBacon
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I can see why this hotel strives to achieve the Gold Award rating. Because of its location in Alexandria, one could easily feel uncomfortable because of some of the undesirable properties surrounding it. The hotel is so well maintained that it makes you feel as though you are in a much better part of town. The room was very clean with a large 46" LCD television. The staff in the lobby were extremely accommodating. The lady in the breakfast area was the best at restocking the breakfast bar with food even a Comfort Suite would be proud of. The breakfast room was small but cozy. One of our best stays at a Quality Inn. It was better by far than many of our recent stays at Comfort Inns!

Room Tip: Request front of hotel, less of a walk to breakfast room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family