“PHENOMENAL!”

Quality Inn Mount Vernon
Ranked #28 of 54 Hotels in Alexandria
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There were a few minor cosmetic issues, but the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was clean, the breakfast was phenomenal, and we loved having a changing room. The staff was excellent. Definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the pool. We weren't even close to the pool, so we didn't have a...
2  Thank chelseapulley
va423, General Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Wow! thank you for the glowing report and taking the time to share your experience with us we appreciate it, we love when we can make our guest happy, we hope that you will return to see us again soon

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel itself appeared to be reasonably well maintained. And it is very "long" so you may be doing a lot of walking (or driving) to go from your room to the front (where the pool, breakfast area, and front desk are located at). The room I was in was clean, beautiful, and big. It had 2 queen sized beds, 2 lavatory sinks, sofa chair with footstool (best way I can describe it), office like table with 2 chairs, micro/fridge combo, etc. Also, the bed was very comfortable and a joy to sleep in. Internet connection was done via an Ethernet cable (one was already in the room) and a WiFi connection. Both worked very well. Breakfast was literally a full meal : juice, coffee, sausage (mix) gravy, biscuits, "disc" eggs, BACON, waffle maker (with both regular and blueberry or strawberry mix), bagels, muffins, pastries, dry cereal, milk, yogurt, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, etc. Also, there were several waffle toppings available : chocolate & strawberry syrups, cookie pieces, whipped topping, etc. There was a dedicated person attending to the breakfast area and she made sure the place was clean and well stocked. And I liked that it was in a room which is separate from the front desk area. Initially I was concerned about its size, which seemed small for a hotel with almost 100 rooms. But there were always tables available. Also, there were additional tables and picnic tables located outside. Although the hotel does have a pool, its hours are very limited : 3pm - 9pm (Monday - Friday); 12pm - 9pm (Saturday & Sunday); if I read the sign correctly. Since there were no major issues during my stay, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
va423, General Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Wow! thank you I couldn't have done a better job of describing what we have to offer I don't think you left anything out, what you had to say makes the whole team feel wonderful and on top of the world. thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all of us, and for filling out a review about us.
Again we thank you, and we hope to see you again in the future :)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very good value for our family w/ 2 teens. The room was nice. Only complaint was that there was a musty smell, but the room itself appeared to be clean. Everything worked okay,TV, refrige, internet connection worked fine. We had the complimentary breakfast including, enjoyed making the waffles. Sat outside, there was very little seating inside, but I believe they open up other seating with imcliment weather. My girls swam in the outside pool (with lifeguard), it looked clean. Front desk staff was courteous.

Room Tip: Older 'motel style' some of the 2nd level rooms have a outside long walk from stairs to roo...
2  Thank Robin F
va423, General Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hello Robin Thank you so much for the glowing report Wow it sure lets us know we did it right during your stay, we are so happy you enjoyed our pool and the make your waffle they are the best for sure, can you let me know which room you occupied so I can get our team in there to find out why there was a musty smell.
We hope that you will return again to see us

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I needed a nearby hotel for an overnight stay so I searched for inexpensive. Found this motel - they had free wifi in the room, breakfast, even had a pool. So I booked it. Right off Richmond Highway, lovely pool, outside tables, and they put me in a room way back from the road, so it was quiet. The room was a little old, a little tacky - but it had a good tv, good internet, a fridge and a microwave and a coffee maker, four pillows to a bed, good working a/c and there is a Denny's right across the street. So far so good. Morning came - walked to the breakfast nook for breakfast, expecting cereal and muffins. Orange and apple juice, coffee, biscuits and gravy, eggs and bacon, make your own fresh waffles, bagels and muffins and toast and danish, hard boiled eggs in the fridge, along with jams and butter and cream cheese, and hot oatmeal and several kinds of cold cereal. And newspapers - WSJ and one other. The weather was good, so some ate outside, others watched the tv in the nook.Thoroughly great breakfast. Never going to be a 5-star hotel but great for an overnight stay. Nice people, and affordable.

Room Tip: I had a room back away from the road and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RhinoJohn
va423, General Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for taking your time to fill out a review on our location we do appreciate it we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast, we hope that you will return to see us in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here one night in a two bed room with my grandson. We had a room on the opposite side from the pool where we could park the car right at the door of the room.

The room was somewhat small but very adequate. There was a large desk with plenty of room for us both to sit in the two comfortable office chairs and use our laptops. The WiFi was quite good, with a bandwidthplace.com test of about 11 mbps download and 5mbps upload.. It was completely fine for streaming video. It was quiet all night, the beds were comfortable and the towels were of good quality. There were no cleanliness issues and although wear was apparent here and there we did not see anything that indicated that housecleaning did anything other than a very good job.

I have a service dog and I could not find a single patch of grass where he could relieve himself.

1  Thank Ernest S
va423, General Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your visit with us it is appreciated it feels great knowing that we took good care of you while our guest, please except our apologize that you were not made a wear of the grassy area we have set aside for our pets we are sorry.
we hope that we will see you again soon

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I booked a room for four nights through a 3rd party (Priceline). I've been staying in hotels while I look for housing in the area. When I checked in I was advised there were no more non smoking rooms and I would have to stay in a smoking room. The staff was very friendly but couldn't accommodate my request for a non smoking room. I'm a past smoker and thought it would be a little inconvenient but doable.
Unfortunately, it seems that the room was reserved for chain smokers and the smell of smoke was so thick I would wake up choking. There also isn't anyway to get ventilation in the room.
Overall the room was clean, the location was close enough for my daily commute into DC. It's an older motel without the bells and whistles but it fit into my budget. I would stay again, in a non smoking room.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Shanda_mac
va423, General Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to add a review of your hotel it is appreciated, I am sorry that we could not accommodate your request for a non smoking room, although the girls do a great job of trying to get the smoke out of smoking rooms I am sure you understand how difficult it is to eliminate it please next time you need a room call us direct 703-765-9000 so we can see that you are reserved for non smoking we hope to see you soon

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I had a great stay at the Quality Inn in Alexandria. We honestly do not have one negative comment. Kudo's for their employee who serviced the breakfast room. She was wonderful and very accommodating. Wouldn't think twice about knowing where to stay the next time we are in Alexandria.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
va423, General Manager at Quality Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Sometimes it’s a great guest who brings the best out in us; we couldn’t do what we do if you were not receptive to us. We thank you for taking the time to let everyone know that you were completely satisfied with your stay Nisha the breakfast attendant loves when the guest come to enjoy the Deluxe Conational Breakfast she more than likely offered to make you a delicious waffle while you got all the other items you need for it, we hope you tired our new addition Sausage Gravy and biscuits, and we hope you will return again soon.