Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$171
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$175
US$200
US$190
US$229
US$195
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Hilton Alexandria Old Town(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$226
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
US$262
US$233
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$164
US$205
US$197
US$182
  • Pool
Old Colony Inn Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$146
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvan dornfree shuttlemetro stationfront deskroom was cleanwafflesshuttle servicedc areafree breakfastking suiteoutdoor poolvisit dcwater pressurehot breakfastthe breakfast areafresh fruitstaff was very friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Made the mistake of staying here. It sits on the highway. Traffic noise never stops. Paper thin walls. The woman above us stomped on the tile floor in the bathroom with high heels until two in the morning. It sounded like a jack hammer. The neighbors talking at one in the morning sounded like they were inside our room. That pink outline in the shower is mold.

• Stayed: April 2014
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

We are so very sorry that your stay at our hotel was not what you expected and for all of the noise issues that you described. Of course being near the 495 freeway does mean there is some road noise, although that is not an issue on the other side of the hotel, but noise from your neighbors especially late at night is certainly not acceptable.

I have reviewed your comments with our front desk team to remind them that we need to be vigilant in responding to issues where guests are being bothered by noise from their neighbors. I have also talked to our housekeeping and maintenance staff to be sure they resolve any pink line issues you mentioned also.

Again, we are very sorry that your stay at our hotel was not the experience you desired and hope you will accept our apology.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Mohammed was very helpful at front desk. I needed a printer for an email I had received with Washington Tour Tix. He allowed me to print the two pages, so kind. Complimentary shuttle to Van Dorn subway station was quick and convenient. Breakfast offered variey of food, including waffle irons for kids.

• Stayed: April 2014
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for deciding to stay at our hotel. It's great to hear that you found our staff friendly and that Mohammad was able to help you with the printing you needed. He is a great member of our desk team and we are happy to have him with us.

Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 3 days as our base to visit the Air and Space Museum at Dulles and Arlington. Staff was friendly. Front desk not capable of giving directions due to area unfamiliarity. Room was clean and updated. Faucet handle fell off and bathroom door would not close. TV was nice as was mic and fridge. Exterior noise was OK when room fan was left on for white noise. Breakfast area was busy but lots of selections including eggs, sausage and waffles among other things.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill S
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for deciding to make our hotel you base for your trip to the DC area and thank you for writing to let us know about your stay experience.

Please accept my apology regarding the maintenance issues in the bathroom, we recently renovated many of our rooms and maintenance has had to adjust a few of the new doors.

It's great to hear that you found the staff friendly and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet. I apologize that the desk staff was not able to provide good directions to the Air & Space Museum at Dulles, due to the distance they were not familiar but we have added direction information to their handbook at the desk.

Thank you again for staying at our hotel, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel and will not stay here again. I sam a diamond memeber of Choice Privialges. I am traveling nurse and travel 52 weeks a year and will be in this area all summer. Rooms are nice but most of staff is awful. It took 30 minutes to check in. Hair dryer did not work and when i complained was treated as if I had asked for something unreasonable. Did change rooms after I called corporate office. In new room phnes did not work for wake up call and I had no coffe pot for coffee. They did fix phone but were upset about it. They never did get me a coffee pot and I was tired of complaining to them. The food service staff were wonderful and nice. Most of staff needs a class in customer service. The do not like complaints and I find that Choice hotels does little. I used to love staying at Comofrt Inns but I find now that many have very poor customer service. I have not seen this in other hotel chains and see an improvement in customer service but Choice hotels just does not seem to want business people any more.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mgmtteam, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of the staff service issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry that your stay at our hotel was not what you expected.

As I expressed in my emails to you after your call to our corporate customer service department, rude treatment of anyone at any time is certainly not acceptable and I have personally reviewed your comments with all of our team members who were on duty during your stay to ensure they are crystal clear about this.

Again, thank you for contacting us regarding your stay.

General Manger

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I had a great stay at this property. Great staff. The property is right near Metro stop. The hotel provides free shuttle to and from station. Very good breakfast. Over all good experience. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your deciding to stay at our hotel and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your experience with our staff and our breakfast buffet.

Recommendations from our guests are very important to us, we will pass your kind comments onto our team.

General Manger