Having stayed in Central Washington DC previously, we found that the city has more to offer than you'd think, and even two weeks isn't enough time to fit everything in!! This (our third visit to DC) needed to be a little different, with the addition of a hire car to allow travelling further afield.
We needed somewhere to stay that had free self parking, still local to the DC area, and possibly bed and breakfast.
The Comfort Inn & Suites, Alexandria. Ticked every box!!
We found it very clean and well presented, with friendly staff, and a host of other features that left some of the larger, more "elite" hotels somewhat lacking!!
Our room (to the rear of the hotel, 6th floor) was clean, well laid out, and surprisingly quiet, even given that the interstate (I-95) runs a short distance behind the property!!
With a small fridge, microwave and coffee making machine, the room suited our needs perfectly!!
The unsung heroes of the Comfort Inn & Suites are the "Behind the Scenes" staff, with a well stocked cafeteria, serving breakfast (free / included with the room) having items to suit all tastes. The kitchen staff never seem to stop, with more popular food being restocked within minutes!!
And if needed, a simple, "no fuss" restaurant operates in the evenings, if you are eating in, after a day in the city!! Again, with food (and drinks) to suit all needs.
The regular shuttle bus was also most convenient (also free / complimentary) offering quick (2 -3 minutes away) transport to the local Van Dorn Street Metro station, which is then only about a 25 minute ride from Central Washington DC and all of its sights.
Again, the drivers are helpful and friendly.
The staff at the front desk are also great, with any information needed, being offered quickly and professionally.
Although we didn't venture in, the hotel also boasts a swimming pool, to take a cool dip in the evening, before heading out again, or turning in for the night.
All in, our two weeks here we're amazing, reaching much higher than any of our expectations.
We wouldn't hesitate staying here again, and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a more cost effective alternative to larger, more expensive hotels.
The Comfort Inn and suites, Alexandria made our third trip to Washington DC a very pleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria is conveniently located directly off of I-495 Capital Beltway in Alexandria, Virginia and is an affordable alternative to lodging in downtown DC. Convenient to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), the Pentagon, the National Mall, the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum, the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, National Harbor, The White House, Holocaust Museum and the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria is the ideal location to see all that DC has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Alexandria Hotel Alexandria
- Comfort Inn And Suites Alexandria
- Comfort Inn Alexandria
- Alexandria Comfort Inn